2010 D40 ABS Fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belly09

Reaction score
My son has a 2010 Thai D40. The ABS light is active and you can't use 4x4. I have changed both front wheel hub assemblies, so I have ruled out front sensors and chopper wheels as all this is brand new.
I took the car to an auto sparky place, and they said that both front ABS sensors have an active fault. I told them that both of them are brand new so it was either a broken wire or the ABS controller. I changed out the ABS controller and the fault is still active.
It must be a broken wire somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone knows of where I can start with the wiring, is there a common fault? And does anyone have a schematic of the system they can share?

The wheel ABS sensors connect directly to the ABS unit itself (see p12 and p13 of the attached PDF which is part of the Nissan workshop service manual for the Spanish (VIN starts with VSK) models for 2006 to 2010).

I recall just one instance of this sort of thing happening, caused by some off-roading which resulted in a stick jagging the ABS wire and deftly relocating it.

Good luck!

Attachments

• BRC.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
My son has a 2010 Thai D40. The ABS light is active and you can't use 4x4. I have changed both front wheel hub assemblies, so I have ruled out front sensors and chopper wheels as all this is brand new.
I took the car to an auto sparky place, and they said that both front ABS sensors have an active fault. I told them that both of them are brand new so it was either a broken wire or the ABS controller. I changed out the ABS controller and the fault is still active.
It must be a broken wire somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone knows of where I can start with the wiring, is there a common fault? And does anyone have a schematic of the system they can share?
I have a 2011 Thai. Have you checked the rear wheel speed sensors as they're the ones most easily damaged?

A few years ago I hit a kangaroo and it went under the car. It broke the wires inside the cable going to the LHS wheel speed sensor right where it's bolted to the hub. The cables were quite weak anyway due to them being shotgun blasted by gravel on thousands of kilometres of unsealed roads. They would have eventually failed regardless of the kangaroo strike as the protective sheath over the wires was almost worn through.

The ABS light and no 4wd points to a wheel speed sensor. The system monitors front vs rear wheel speeds and will disable 4wd if there's a variance greater than what's been programmed in the software. It's described in the owners manual.

Hi All
It beat me in the end. I took it to a auto electrical business on the Sunshine coast and they repaired it for me.
The voltage going all the way up to the controller was fine but they found some resistance in some of the wiring.
On closer inspection they found someone's dodgy wiring just back from the controller.
ABS light over and out.

I'm wondering why they stuffed around with the wiring at all - but then again, if they'd snagged it while off-roading and repaired it in the bush that's a possibility.

Glad to hear it's fixed.

Latest posts

Back