Black steel wheels 16x8 for d40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get 16x8 black sunrasia style steel wheels for d40 2006 model having trouble finding them ? Do 15x8 fit the d40 ? Cheers boxy

try a seach mate it's been covered a couple of times. but I pretty sure 15x8 wont fit, will scubb on the brake calipers. why do you want 16x8's for anyway? you can put up too 285's on 7" rims and can't see you putting tyres bigger then that on a D40.

I wouldn't like 285s on a 7", would be pretty easy to pop a bead. not sure a lot of fitters would be ok to fit them to a 7" also.

Well I spoke too about half a dozen tyre retailers that all said the same thing when I asked them for a set off 16x8 steelies too go with them, you don't need 8" rims for 285's. And I spoke too about the same amount that said you do, you know what the difference was? BFG's. (and this is not against BFG as a tyre just the people that try too flog them off) All the tyre retailer's that I rang about BFG's told me that you can't but 285's on 7" rim. All the retailers I rang about Mickey Thompsons and Coopers said you don't, you know the difference? the retailer that sell Mickey's and Coopers are usually committed 4x4 retailers and know want there talking about. The others just stock a couple of 4x4 tyres so they can get there fingers in on the profits and don't know jake about them really except what the read of a pamphlet.

Last edited:
I found it hard to find Black 16x8 with the correct Offset to suit a D40 (mine being thai) and i had to settle for 16x7 with a +18 offset in a dark grey.
that was the closest i could manage to find, Other then looking into things like allied wheels Etc, which carry chrome accents and the such.
Just check the offset is compatible with the car before ordering any rims.

try a seach mate it's been covered a couple of times. but I pretty sure 15x8 wont fit, will scubb on the brake calipers. why do you want 16x8's for anyway? you can put up too 285's on 7" rims and can't see you putting tyres bigger then that on a D40.

doubt you'd find a 15' rim of any kind that would have the d40 pcd

dynamic 16x8 in a 0 offset, on a spain built with 285/75-16 mtz they sit out about 10mm, add another 15mm for a thai built

doubt you'd find a 15' rim of any kind that would have the d40 pcd

actually one retailer did ask me if i wanted 15x8's and I said too him would they even fit with out rubbing on the brake calipers? and he said "oh your probably right about that" Durr...

I spent lots of time looking around talking to suppliers, procomp, dynamic etc about wheels for the the D40.

Go the dynamic black triangle/sunraiser style in a 16x8, which is a 0 offset gives you that nice wider stance. Lad I know runs them on his nav with 35's and has for months with no bearing issues etc.

Attachments

• SDC10268.JPG
    SDC10268.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 8,627
  • XTRA 2 SDC10278.JPG
    XTRA 2 SDC10278.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 8,804
  • SDC10274.JPG
    SDC10274.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,186
hey leighto, what lift is he running and does he do much offroading to strain the drivetrain or just another poser?

Latest posts

Back