Calmini Bulk Order!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have been in contact with calmini in the US and i going to put an order in to order some stuff and i gonna try and hit them up for a discount on a bulk order.
as getting it through then is still alot cheaper then buying it through snake racing.

at the moment my mate is down for a 3 inch lift kit, im down for the steering system and upper control arms so already were putting in a good size order.

you can check out the price's on every thing on.
calmini

let me know guys

Seriously tempted to get in and buy some arm's, since NSW is bringing in some stupid laws soon.

Dave.

I'm picking it might be this:

Approval from RTA needed to raise or lower car suspension

AAP
July 16, 2009 12:11pm
NEW laws making it an offence to raise or lower a car's suspension without proper approval is about saving lives, New South Wales Roads Minister Michael Daley says.
From August 1, car owners will be limited to raising or lowering their suspension by no more than five centimetres, and all modifications will need approval from Roads and Traffic Authority engineers.

Currently, a car can be raised or lowered by up to five centimetres without approval and by up to 15 centimetres with approval.

Mr Daley says while drivers may think a lowered car looks "cool" it really is dangerous and any adjustment of more than five centimetres doesn't belong on the road.

"I don't want to see young hoons putting their lives or the lives of others at risk, just because they think their car looks better 15 centimetres closer to the ground," Mr Daley said.

"Raising or lowering a vehicle's height can put the driver, passengers and other road users at risk.

"It can affect handling, braking and safety features such as electronic stability control."

Any vehicle that is raised or lowered after August 1 will have to carry a certificate stating that the modifications confirm to safety standard requirements.

Approval from RTA needed to raise or lower car suspension | National Breaking News | News.com.au

A) What kind of car is anybody lowering 15 centimetres?? Epic.

B) Just as well you can only really get 5 centimetres out of a Navara easily.

Last edited:
That is what they're saying. Hard law to enforce though, suspension sags on its own. Will the police carry a comprehensive book of vehicle standard ride heights, a tape measure, and a calculator, to work out whether your car is different to the day it came from the factory? I'd say this is another law they've passed to catch out the real extreme cars on the bumpstops.

I wouldn't worry too much about lifting your Navaras, you're not the target.

to get this thread back on track, i would definitely be keen on this, looking at their 3 inch lift kits, bout 1000 US plus postage.. assuming thats like 1400-1600 australian, with discount.. would be good to see how cheap you could get it.
how is the calmini gear?

Hey Guys,

I have been in contact with calmini in the US and i going to put an order in to order some stuff and i gonna try and hit them up for a discount on a bulk order.
as getting it through then is still alot cheaper then buying it through snake racing.

Bloody oath, snake make a pretty penny for doing pretty much nothing.

Let us know how much discount on the arms and steering system.

Prob help with postage as well. Looked into gear from the states a few months ago, postage and exchange rate were the killlers.

$1AUD is about $0.8USD

dont forget about the extra charges when the goods come into the country....

The Calmini inch kit for a D40 would be $1400US or $1700AUS does anyone know how much to import this would cost? Its $3500 from Snake Racing

if u get the control arms be prepaired to be replacing the bushes evey 4-5 months + the wheel alignment aswell,,,,,,,,,and thats really mild 4wdriving guys.....
i'm going back to standard control arms now.
and yeah, snake racing are the rip off kings.

hey guys,

i sent them an email about some stuff earlier, and shipping to my place in queensland is below.

- NP12450RH D22 Frontier/Navara HD Replacement Steering System: $699.95

- NP12637 D22 Frontier/Navara HD Upper Control Arm Set: $389.95

- Shipping cost to your location via FedEx International Economy Service: $205.30

- TOTAL: $1,295.20 USD

when we have product's coming into australia over 1000 australian dollars they come under import/customs duty tax, which ya can find out online.

im going to see whether i can arrange a discount on a bulk order, and individual postage so people that order part's under $1000 don't have to pay the tax.

im actually thinking about trying to get a deal with calmini about starting an online calmini store for australia that just does navara parts, cause im sick of the snake racing price hike.
well see how i go with it.

tkingcab i did some calcs the other night and i think snake racing are charging double what the kits cost them,

has anyone else had this problem with the upper control arm's chewing the bush's?

well im going to send them an email tonight.

as i said above im gonna see what they can do about becoming an australian dealer for them.
and before ya ask if i do get it going i will give ya a good deal, but ill see what happens with discussions with them

well keep us posted mate coz im dead set keen on that 3 inch lift, gets me going every time i look at it

well guys i have some sucess.
if i place an order over 3000 US dollars they will arrange discount for me. it will be worked out on the time of order being place as i dont know how much will be ordered.

Also a plus on the part about becoming an australian dealer for them. they are keen to do this and i would obtain an corperate discount on order's over a certain amount. so it's looking good guys.

so with the bulk order thing id need some deffinet answer's,
depending on the dollar value were looking atleast 10% discount maybe more

Latest posts

Back