td27 turbos

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatty

Reaction score
Well the turbo is getting a bit tired. I believe it's got the t2 bolted on it.

I have a spare, rebuilt t25 sitting there, straight swap over? I was looking at the bay and the t25 and they look like they'd make a nice match up. Except the intake piping is different.

Hey mate. The T25 turbo should bolt straight onto a T2 flange.
I have just installed a T25 in my QD32 and it goes great.
The intake side should be 2.25" and the out you might need to buy an adapter.

So the td27 does use a t2? That's what it looks like. My only real conundrum I'm looking at is a late spool so the boost won't kick in too early. That's why those small turbos are good! I'll be fitting an intercooler soon as well (maybe this arvo if I'm lucky).

Know much about changing the fuel filters?

hmm not to sure. Dion might know more. I had to get a flange adapter to fit mine to the QD32ETI stock manifold.

On the QD32 the fuel filter is in the back left of the bonnet. I just unscrewed mine. screwed the new one on and primed it.

The td27 uses 2 fuel filters (for reasons I do not know), however I don't know where the primer pump thing is. I thought it's usually just on top of the filter holster.

Yeah it is on the QD32. Have you downloaded the Service Manual yet. Its a Huge help.

D22 Service Manual

It is for the D22 but it does include the TD27 Engine.

From what I can see one is a Fuel Filter and one is a "Sedimentor" the primer should just be a black disk ontop of the fuel filter.

There's no black disk. It looks like what you'd get in a diesel boat kinda thing.
I think it's just there to basically super duper filter it, because the fuel hose runs into one of them, links around, into the 2nd, then another hose to the injectors. It's a very unusual car/system, but it seems to run.
Hrm, I can't find a valid link for the service manual... the qd32 use the same set up?

Popped the intercooler on and cut a hole in the bonnet, and stuck a hood scoop on it! The scoop needs some cleaning up on the silicon, it's quite gross looking, but hey, it's a rough car. As well, I fixed a high beam problem, and fixed my sticky speedo. Productive day I think.

I'd give a picture but the site is playing up.

Tatty it sounds like your fuel filter set up is aftermarket, because the factory WD21 with TD27T fuel filter assembly is basically identical to the D22 Series 1 like what Bvandermaat has.

Not sure on the turbo sorry.

I'll get a picture of it tomorrow and give you a peek. I thought it was a bit strange that the engine would have 2 fuel filters, I really don't see the need for them.

On a side note, the intercooler and hood scoop I slapped together yesterday has some top knotch results. You can really feel the turbo is working properly, and it's no longer struggling up hills as much. Quite a breeze to drive now!

Latest posts

Back