Transplanting QD32 instead of TD27 ,, flexplate wont fit.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagwill

Reaction score
Removed blown TD27 from a 96 , bought QD32 long brand new engine from Alibarba $3,500 all up to get it on my shed floor. So far so good.
Everything should bolt straight over, starter, manifolds etc.
OH HANG ON. My TD27 had a 6 bolt crankshaft and the new QD32 has a 7 bolt crankshaft, where the flexplate bolts on.
I cant seem to be able to find a flexplate to suit.
My plan at this stage is to get a ZD30 7 bolt spacer plate ,weld it to my old flexplate then lathe out the 6 bolt patern in the flexplate.
TD27 flexplate diameter 315mm ZD30 flexplate is i think 370mm so not interchangable.
I also have similar thread in electrics dealing with that as i also bought a mechanical QD32 pump from Alibarba $1,100 landed.

Note, the engine I bought was QD32 turbo intercooled rated at 100kw , I should have bought QD32 truck engine and turboed it, as I think the older engines are 6 bolt.
Thanks for any help
David

what you bought was a QD32T not a QD32. the QD32T is more like a ZD30. there is guys here that replace blown ZD30's with QD32T's.
might pay to look for a bell housing etc off a ZD30. now to really confuse things there is at least 3 different non-common rail ZD30's and they have different bell housings. i don't know why nissan did that, its just weird. i would try the navara version first.

Latest posts

Back