d22 needs a tacho

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambo

Reaction score
Hi guys, got another newbie question.
I'm trying to fit an aftermarket tacho to my d22 3.0lt (2002 zd30ddt) i got the unlucky model without a tacho so im trying to find the wire coming out of the eccs that will give me a signal for the tacho. I bought a workshop manual on cd and its useless as far as wiring diagrams are concerned. If anyone has done this before or knows about it, any info would be great Cheers.

tacho i think is ecu derived so no direct connection. easiest way is to replace the dash.
a lot of aftermarket tacho's read off the alternator pulses which may be the cheapest way to do it.

I bought a workshop manual on cd and its useless as far as wiring diagrams are concerned.

Download the D22 manual from the forum, it's got more than enough info to do the job. The wiring diagrams may require some patience to read.

I put one in mine. I bought a diesel tacho from ebay and then I had to pull apart the alternator (not too hard) and solder a wire onto the end one of the windings. This is the pulse wire. Works great!!

Alan

Thanks for the info guys. i was thinking i might have to run it off the alt but i thought id try my luck with the existing wiring in the dash as i had read that all navaras were wired for tachos and was hoping to just tap in. should have her sorted out pretty soon. Thanks again.

It will have the wiring but it might not have the sender (pulse generator) which is next to the alternator mount on the timing chain case.

Alan

It will have the wiring but it might not have the sender (pulse generator) which is next to the alternator mount on the timing chain case.

Alan

your thinking of the wrong engine.

all the sensors are there, wiring should be there. the only difference should be the dash.
you can't just tap into a wire. these use a can bus to send data from ecu to dash. theres no signal in a wire to tap, rpm info is in the data stream.
either run an aftermarket guage off the alternator or swap the dash for one that has rpm gauge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back