QD32 identification

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlosbeldia

Reaction score
Good day, I'm a newbie in the forum looking for some information on the QD32. Im from Colombia and have a turbo QD32 (non intercooled) in my Y60 Patrol. While in an off road competition, my engine got really hot and blew up its head gasket and damaged badly the head itself. I bought a new head and put it but the engine never was again the same. Lots of smoke, really low in power and torque. We decided to torn the engine apart and check it. Found pistons rings bearing everything was in bad condition, but not for the overheating but for really crappy building work.... bolts were out of torque everywhere and lots of stuff of low quality vendors.

We proceeded to buy new pistons, bearings, valve, sleeves, etc... everything was sent to a rectifier shop and then assembled with all the measures and torque figures we found in a 1997 manual. The car made around 100 km pretty well and then suddenly it started to climb temperature. double checked everything and after finding nothing wrong we took it out and torned it apart again. Everything was sent again to 3 different rectifier workshops and everything was Ok. Temp was rising due to leaks between cylinders 1 and 2, and 3 and 4. I read a little and found we should have changed the head bolts, which actually is pretty expensive here so we have to found another way.

Today I started to check some online manuals and there are 3 different final torque figures for 1997 (75° to 85°), 1999 (86° to 91°), and forklift version (78° to 82°)... problem I have is there is no information in what engine version or model year this engine is. Came in a batch of customs impounding so have no way to know which one is. We used the 1997 figure and I think it was not OK. Also here you can only find one type of head and I have seen like 3 different types in the internet, dont know if maybe we have the wrong one.

How can I be sure which version of the engine is? engine number is QD32-047539A in case this says something to somebody.

These engines have bad reputation in Colombia for head problems and I think is due to lack of technical knowledge. Almost all of them are imported as an out engine (D22 was gasoline here) and most of them are rebuilt who knows how, like this one was. Nobody changes the head bolts and everybody uses TD27 spare parts.

Right now our only option is to put some head washers and tighten the head using torque figures, but need to know which figure should I used.

Also the forklift manual talks about piston height and 3 different types of head gasket but you can only find one in Colombia, dont know if these measures should be taken...

Please let me know any idea, will be well received and help me to identify which manual should I use.

Thanks for your patience

Latest posts

Back