FS5R30A to KA24DE, compatible or not?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum, normally I'm on the Patrol forum.
I'm looking at buying a D22 for a project and need to know if the FS5R30A gearbox will fit up to a KA24(E or DE) engine in place of the FS5W71C box?
The QD/ VG models have the FS5R30A box, but I would like to go with the KA24 if possible (all depending on the gearbox).

No it won't, why do you want the KA?

You say no they won't go together. Is that from experience, or just an assumption?
I might go the VG if I can find one, and I'd go the QD's except they are slow. Are the QD's any good when turboed or are they still slow?
My plan was to turbo a KA, and do some other driveline changes :smile: Ideally I'd go for a ZD but can't afford the price tag as well as the mods I want.

They wont bolt together. Never tried it myself though.

There is a guy on the Silvia forum who cuts the belhousing off SR20 gearboxes and welds them onto RB25 gearboxes (FS5R30A).

I only seen his work when my sisters ex got a RB25 gearbox off him for his 180SX.

I cant find what the stock SR20 gearbox model is.

You say no they won't go together. Is that from experience, or just an assumption?
I might go the VG if I can find one, and I'd go the QD's except they are slow. Are the QD's any good when turboed or are they still slow?
My plan was to turbo a KA, and do some other driveline changes :smile: Ideally I'd go for a ZD but can't afford the price tag as well as the mods I want.

Experience. Also, you can download the D22 manual and there are bolt patterns for the bellhousing flanges in the MT section.

QDs are very close in performance to the ZD when turbo'd.

The QD32ETI has the same potential as the ZD30.

I reckon it would take some serious work to get the mechanical injected QD32 turbo to match the ZD30.

Oh and Dion, ever seem what I posted above been done about the SR to RB box.

Has an RB25 ever been fitted to a D22? I'd like to see that.

The plan for the project was to build a D22 truggy. I knew some D22's had the FS5R30 box, so it was going to be based around that box to make it easier. I want to run (preferably) a navara motor into a GQ Patrol FS5R30 box (RB30/ RD28 type) so I can run the GQ transfer and either GQ or GU diffs front and rear.
Starting to think the VG might be the better way to go if I can find one. Can you get a VG33 in a 2WD single cab? Or am I limited to a VG30?
A QD would be better for economy, but not sure about it pushing 37'+ muddies around :big_smile:

VG30DETT it.

Z32 300ZX motor.

There is a link on how to install one into a D22 in Links.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySu7QGCzaM[/YT]

Been done in the Middle East.

RB25DET in a 2WD D22.

A RD28 sump may work.

:big_smile::big_smile: NICE!!! Maybe I should build a skid machine instead:big_smile::big_smile: Nah, truggys are way better. I'd rather roll slow than fast. But I like the idea of a VG30dett, although they are pretty old and are all probably rooted by now.

My vote is to VG30DETT it.

A VQ30DET would go alright to. Those things are nuts when worked hard.

I have recently put a turbo on my QD32.
I noticed a great increase in power and after I had it tuned a lot more.
My vote would be on a VG30DETT though. I have seen a D21 with that done and it was insane.

Latest posts

Back