Dargo High Country - Lots of Pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Heres some pics of our weekend up Dargo.

We camped in Talbotville for two nights. Great camping spot with plenty of open areas and hidden areas along the river with less people around.

Weather forecast was not good and the first day/night was nothing but rain. We were then lucky enough to get two good days, although mother nature was not kind to me on the first big hill we went up, South Basalt Knob Tk which turned quite interesting.

Heading up Blue Rag, we only got the fogged in view also, which just means i want to head back soon for another go with the sun out.

First photo of the nice weather that welcomed us as we were airing down.
DSC_0419.jpg

One of the guys girlsfriends. We were joking around saying our girlfriends couldnt even back into this spot, let alone drag a rather large log out..:big_smile:
DSC_0435.jpg

Some of the guys turned up late, Tried to take a short cut 200m from camp. All they achieved was finding a massive wombat hole and needed pulling out.
DSC_0492.jpg

One of many river crossings around Talbotville
DSC_0507.jpg

View looking up at Basalt Knob South Tk. Looks like nothing from the photo!
DSC_0512.jpg

Me coming up, nice and sunny at the moment
DSC_0516.jpg

And then the rains came just in time. Both the patrols, one with a front lokka struggled in this section, so i knew i was in for a goodtime.
DSC_0524.jpg

Here you can see the deep hole in the rocks that cause all the problems. Was like this on both sides so no going around.
DSC_0531.jpg

The Next lot of photos of me trying to get up. We filled in the holes and kept trying.
DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

Better go back up there tonight Pete apparently we are in for some more wet stuff from the sky :big_smile:

Nice pics.

And we got there in the end. Once over that first section, the next hard bit took a little playing around but got there in the end
DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

Having lunch about half was to Blue Rag
DSC_0629.jpg

Last edited:
Hut,train carrage. Tip for anyone looking. There was a bed in here that one of the guys touched and quickly learnt some idiots have pissed all over it
DSC_0654.jpg

And onto Blue Rag
DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

Not many photos of this because of the fog. I managed to take a bad line on the last tricky section before the top, dropped onto a big rock and crushed my sway bar bracket and bash plate, was rather lucky and thought i did alot more damage.

Group shot at the top.
DSC_0682.jpg

Last edited:
That last one is a nice panoramic shot

People not in Gippsland just don't know what they are missing do they....they think they can compare the place but they have no idea :big_smile:

That last one is a nice panoramic shot

People not in Gippsland just don't know what they are missing do they....they think they can compare the place but they have no idea :big_smile:

One of the guys use to be into photography, good mate to have around with the camera..lol.. We have a few ones from new zealand that are great also.

It is a great place we have here.

Ripper pics Pete. Sounds and looks like you had a great time and did some good tracks.

How was the suspension?

Latest posts

Back