D40roof rack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_215

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im interested in a roof rack for my d40 dual cab. I only want it for the lenght of the cab ( not the tub). Wondering if anyone has one or anyone knows where to get one. I was thinking custom made but see how i go. Cheers.

Nissan do make them and there is a thread on how to install them but you might need to sell your next new born for them.

I thought Rhino made a rack that mounted in the appropriate holes at the top of each door.

The only thing to look out for is water - have heard that the small gaps can allow a LOT of water to get in. If you're mounting the racks permanently, there might be some value in adding a small amount of sealer around the edge of the mount so that the rubber door seal smoothly covers (and seals) the gap.

I have the Rhino Racks (and I am talking about bars here, not a tray, however I am going to look at putting a tray on the bars) on my STX and I was also concerned about the water leakage (because I read about it here)

However I have had them on for 6 months now, not a drop of water inside yet.

The install instructions are pretty specific about where they go on the roof, with measurements etc, I wonder if those that are getting leakage do not have them in exactly the correct position? I am not sure, but I don't have any dramas.

Also they do not install into the holes, they just clamp on in the door seal. Possibly the difference? In my looking I did not see any that bolt into those holes, only clamps like these. The bars cost me about $300 if i recall correctly.

Cool thanks guys. I have seen these racks before but i gotta try and find a rack. If not it may be a custom job. Hopefully.

Look up roof racks on ebay, I found one thats 1300 long and 960 wide for 150, and its alloy, then bolt that to the 300 dollar rhino racks

Latest posts

Back