Rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone heard of the passenger side airbag or something in the vacinity comming loose and making an annoying rattle type noise?? Tis driving me nuts even though I'm deaf as a post :dong:

I got no passenger airbag in mine.

Still under warrenty ?

Tell Nissan to fix it.

Dave.

Yep it's still under warrenty, was just wondering if anyone had heard of anything similar. I seem to recall something to do with passanger airbgs but not with Navaras.

Have you got a snorkel? I had something rubbing right down at the airbox it was vibrating up the snorkel, I dead set thought it was something rattling in the glovebox. It had me stumped.

hi. i had the same noise from that side too. its properly the bolts that hold the air filter box in place. mine came lose and it rattles when u stop.

No snorkel yet! Rattle might be a soft description, more of a clacking noise. It's booked in for next Tuesday for the Mech's to have a look/listen

hmm i may have this same noise as well.
i just turn the music up more.
Have you got a snorkel? I had something rubbing right down at the airbox it was vibrating up the snorkel, I dead set thought it was something rattling in the glovebox. It had me stumped.

The only thing on mine that I notice that rattles, is the winch rollers on the bullbar but you get use to it.

Dave.

Grrr my ears are about 100 times more sensitive since this thread started! :)

The 2 D shackles I have on the front rattle sometimes.

lol Jason!!! My wagon has plenty of rattles that I Ignore like the length of sewer pipe on the roof racks with copper pipe in it. This new rattle however sounds like something metal tapping on the windscreen, but it seems to be comming from just above the glovebox. Do airbags have indivdual gas cannisters??

Cheers Brad

Woo who! Third time lucky! The guy's at my Nissan service centre listed the problem on the engineering forum(?) for Nissan mechanics, they got one reply and bingo! Turns out that the inner front guard where it meets the fire wall just under the windscreen had opened up (the gap) just enough to cause the noise, problem fixed!! :big_smile:

I do not have an air bag either, but whilst on the topic does anyone know how to remove the panel above the glovebox ?were the air bag is normally fitted?

Thanks scouse

Instead of starting a new thread will ask here, has anyone got a vibration/rattle on the drivers side above the accelerator area, it sounds like something is loose on the engine side of the firewall but vibrating through into the cabin only does it at speed and becomes louder as you go faster sort of a oscillating vibration had it checked once under warrenty and they reckoned it was a brake line bracket stopped for a day and was back again, had a look around the engine bay, wheel arches and under the dash but cant find anything loose.
Any help appreciated

Cheers

Hey tootool, do you have a bull bar? If so it could be the plastic inner guard, mine does it every now and then given the right circumstances.

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back