Whats the best hd clutch and solid flywheel for a D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEIGHTO#L80

Reaction score
So finally my clutch with 60k under it's belt has given in as anticipated by the good old navara dual mass flywheel setup.

So what have people put in there cars I'm going to go a heavy duty clutch with solid single flywheel.

Last edited:
Pretty keen to find out what people are using as mine is starting to smell, clutch still works fine but the burning smell has started from driving on the sand.

I would go for heavy duty 4 Terrain 4x4 clutch and one piece solid flywheel. It was put in my D40 not long ago and its doing much better than the factory one.

im interested aswell, ive done 42,000km and its towards the top. Ive rung around and found Direct Clutches done a few cars from the d40 facebook page, and no issues to date. Has anyone removed a d40 g'box hopefully theyre not like a patrol to remove.

Interesting to see what people think of the different brands... I'll have to go down the warranty replacement route as works been to slow to afford a single being put in

I was in the same boat a few months ago. Did a bit of research and decided to go with a Nicks Performance Clutch (NPC). I rang clutch industries (supplier of 4terrain) here in brissy to find a decent clutch fitter and their own recommended mechanic put me onto NPC. Better quality plates supposedly. The HD unit was cheaper than Exedy and 4Terrain. I have the HD unit and I can't notice the difference under my foot either. Happy so far. Only about 5k on it with a couple of off road sessions.

Latest posts

Back