recovery points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
Hi guy's

looking for front recovery points for my d40. when i put norm one on hook e.t.c. can only see half of it put it in pic. if i put stap on the hook if fitted will this pull up on the roo bar.
this is tie down point in pic. any help here going nuts cant think on what one or to use.
anyone ever use tie down points for recovery the chassis is about 4 inch above the bar
jock

Attachments

• Perth-20111212-00441.jpg
    Perth-20111212-00441.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Perth-20111212-00440.jpg
    Perth-20111212-00440.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 221
+1 on not using the tie down for recovery. It won't take several tonnes of sudden load.

Your "roo bar" looks like it's steel. If that's the case, the bar itself will take the load, it should be able to take a nudge upwards from recovery hooks mounted below too.

I'd remove the tie-down point and install a proper recovery hook there and on the right-hand chassis rail, then use an equalising strap to halve the load. Make sure the hooks are mounted with the proper high-tensile bolts.

Steel bar

Old.Tony, I have a 2011 D22 with factory steel bar.
Are you saying that the bar itself can be used as a recovery point ? IE - loop snatch strap around it somewhere central ?

I've been wondering about whether I can do this or if I need recovery points added.

Cheers

add the recovery points found in that ebay link mate, and stick to them. dont use anything else. be sure to also grab an equalizer strap and spread the load across the chassis when being recovered.

Hi guy's

looking for front recovery points for my d40. when i put norm one on hook e.t.c. can only see half of it put it in pic. if i put stap on the hook if fitted will this pull up on the roo bar.
this is tie down point in pic. any help here going nuts cant think on what one or to use.
anyone ever use tie down points for recovery the chassis is about 4 inch above the bar
jock

Hey jockeyboy, Opposite lock Wangara have them for around the $100, comes with washers & bolts etc, 5minute job to install, I met you in lake Clifton at new years, you going to wilbinga this weekend?

Old.Tony, I have a 2011 D22 with factory steel bar.
Are you saying that the bar itself can be used as a recovery point ? IE - loop snatch strap around it somewhere central ?

I've been wondering about whether I can do this or if I need recovery points added.

Cheers

If you mount a winch in the bar, it's a recovery point. You can't just tie onto anywhere - the point between the chassis rails where the winch mounts is exceptionally strong. I doubt you'll fit recovery hooks in there though, so under the chassis rail on each side is the place to look.

Hey guys here is what I did on the weekend can any1 see an issue? I figure its a winch bar so this should work nicely and in going to use a equaliser strap :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back