2007 d22 zd30 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey6810

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm having some issues trying to start my zd30 Navara won't start on its own but spray start ya bastard in to intake and she fires will run whilst spraying start ya bastard but seems to run rough so how this came about was I was running real low on diesel I put $30 in it and was running ok later that day drove 5-10 minutes and lost all power for a few seconds then came good later on that day started up and was running rougher than usual then down the road it lost a lil power again then came good so I continued driving after 10 min done it again but blew a black cloud of smoke out exhaust and continued for a few min then came good a further 5 ks down the road as I was gaining speed coming into 100 zone she done it again so pulled over and checked engine bay for anything unusual but nothing water was fine oil was fine no visible leaks but when tryed to start it was really rough and wouldn't idle and had no acceleration so tryed to start a couple more times and same thing little to no idle and no acelleration over 1500 rpm and now won't start at all on its own only way I can get it to fire is start ya bastard into intake IV replaced EGR valve and fuel filter and still no go after reading other ppls threads I'm kinda thinking may have done he'd or head gasket poor girl hasn't had a service for a few years and was told today that fuel filters should be changed every 12 months glad I found that out as I'm new to diesels and wanting to learn as much as I can if any one could help point me in right direction or even just a lil advice would be greatly appreciated as I pumped alot of money into it and don't want to get rid of it and buy a different car I like this Navara and in the 4-5 years IV owned it IV only changed wheel bearings and a new clutch right up until a few months ago and ppl would not believe where it has taken me and especially with the amount of ks on it I guess I hoping it's a head or head gasket and not an injector pump as that's what IV been told of a few ppl but others say it fuel filter but I'm thinking maybe head or gasket as after reading some threads I had very similar symptoms so as I said before any help would be greatly appreciated thanks PS IV replaced VISCUS hub ,water pump ,thermostat ,water pipe from EGR valve and steel water pipe on other side of motor had radiator flushed out at natrad that was all the start of problems a few months ago just recently IV replaced EGR valve, air filter and just today the fuel filter and still no closer to it starting could it have air in lines and if I was to try tow start it does anyone think it would start or atleast fire sorry for long message as I'm not real good at explaining things so hope everyone can read and make sense of it thanks again

Last edited:
Sounds like the issue I had with my zd30. changed the fuel filter, bled out air, pumped pressure at the filter a few times till it started. No more issues

Hi everyone I'm having some issues trying to start my zd30 Navara won't start on its own but spray start ya bastard in to intake and she fires will run whilst spraying start ya bastard but seems to run rough so how this came about was I was running real low on diesel I put $30 in it and was running ok later that day drove 5-10 minutes and lost all power for a few seconds then came good later on that day started up and was running rougher than usual then down the road it lost a lil power again then came good so I continued driving after 10 min done it again but blew a black cloud of smoke out exhaust and continued for a few min then came good a further 5 ks down the road as I was gaining speed coming into 100 zone she done it again so pulled over and checked engine bay for anything unusual but nothing water was fine oil was fine no visible leaks but when tryed to start it was really rough and wouldn't idle and had no acceleration so tryed to start a couple more times and same thing little to no idle and no acelleration over 1500 rpm and now won't start at all on its own only way I can get it to fire is start ya bastard into intake IV replaced EGR valve and fuel filter and still no go after reading other ppls threads I'm kinda thinking may have done he'd or head gasket poor girl hasn't had a service for a few years and was told today that fuel filters should be changed every 12 months glad I found that out as I'm new to diesels and wanting to learn as much as I can if any one could help point me in right direction or even just a lil advice would be greatly appreciated as I pumped alot of money into it and don't want to get rid of it and buy a different car I like this Navara and in the 4-5 years IV owned it IV only changed wheel bearings and a new clutch right up until a few months ago and ppl would not believe where it has taken me and especially with the amount of ks on it I guess I hoping it's a head or head gasket and not an injector pump as that's what IV been told of a few ppl but others say it fuel filter but I'm thinking maybe head or gasket as after reading some threads I had very similar symptoms so as I said before any help would be greatly appreciated thanks PS IV replaced VISCUS hub ,water pump ,thermostat ,water pipe from EGR valve and steel water pipe on other side of motor had radiator flushed out at natrad that was all the start of problems a few months ago just recently IV replaced EGR valve, air filter and just today the fuel filter and still no closer to it starting could it have air in lines and if I was to try tow start it does anyone think it would start or atleast fire sorry for long message as I'm not real good at explaining things so hope everyone can read and make sense of it thanks aga
Have you any codes?

Likely because you ran it too low and it drew some air in, did you crack open the injector pipes at the injector, you need to see fuel squirting out there when you crank the engine over.
Also you need to make sure its all primed properly before you try to start, if its not then you end up with air in injector lines etc then it all gets harder. Its a pain to find the primer does not work when all you have is air in the filter, if can get really hard when you have air in all the places their should be fuel and you find the primer does not work. These engines are super sensitive to air in the fuel when starting, could be getting in anywhere, porous pipes, loose connection, the old favorite - worn out priming pump. Can check this by put clear fuel lines before/after fuel primer to check for bubbles.
Another thing to try is dis-connect the outlet of the fuel filter and put a temporary hose into a clean container (one that you'd be happy to pour back into your fuel tank). Get someone to crank the motor over - fuel SHOULD come out. If it doesn't, your lift pump isn't playing the game, but if you can hear it working, there's a chance that there's a blockage around the lift pump or in the tank pickup.
Lastly it could be a failed pump. It's happened before. Not very often mind you, these things are fairly robust. It's usually water that causes the damage - water will pass through the filter. Sometimes debris does too (no idea why it does, it shouldn't - that's what a filter is supposed to prevent) so it's possible that there's muck in the pump.

Latest posts

Back