diff ratio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridge888

Reaction score
hey everyone does anybody know the diff ratios off d22 navaras i wrandg nissan and they could not give me a straight answer as far as i can tell threw wat i know all zd30 d22 have the same diff ratios but wat about d22 2.5 i know the housings are the same but wat about ratios ???

Read the tag under your bonnet. CA##. Add a decimal point between the hashes and there's your ratio.

hey dion it says ca46 so i thought it would be a ratio of 4.6 i had the cover off the rear diff and counted teeth on the crown wheel and pinion it was 34 and 8 from what knowledge i have this means it is a 4.25 ratio is this right ???

thanks guys got bak under and re counted 25 to 8 i realised its stamped on it as well my mistake now too find a crown wheel and pinion for a 4.375

As I said to another guy on the forums, finding a R&P is not always the way to go. The labour cost of getting the R&P changed over (whole axle comes out anyway, plus pressing and setting of backlash etc) will often outweigh the lower cost of an R&P versus buying a whole changeover axle.

If you definitely want an R&P though, import from the US.

What Dion said.

There are 3 diff ratio's used in the YD25 powered D22's.

3.9, 4.375 and 4.625.

Latest posts

Back