extending fuel filler after body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
I am half way through fitting lift blocks to the tray and it seems there is no way the fuel filler is going to reach now.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Whats the best way to extend the line?

I am half way through fitting lift blocks to the tray and it seems there is no way the fuel filler is going to reach now.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Whats the best way to extend the line?

Yep, you have 2 options:

1. Rasie the tank to match the bodylift giving more under body clearance

or

2. extend the rubber filler hose. I originally got an offcut of pipe from the local exhaust shops recycle bin and a couple of hose clamps. Worked great. But got a long range tank and decided to raise the tank up as the LR tank hung down lower the the std tank.

My factory filler hose reached just, had to loosen off at tank and slip hose up to just before the barb. Only got it by a few mm but it has stuck for over 12 months.

Raising the tank does seem like a good idea.

How much is involved in raising the tank though?

Raising the tank does seem like a good idea.

How much is involved in raising the tank though?

About half an hour with a mig. Moved all the mounts down 50mm (thus raising the tank) That was a 4wd systems 145l one, but i'm sure the others would be similar.

From memory cut the drivers side mounts (2) off. Bolted 'em to the car then manouvered the tank into place with a couple of floor jacks. Tacked the mounts in place. Removed the have dozen or so bolts and got one of my boily mates to weld her up. Used an offcut of 5mm plate to bend up a new passenger side mount (goes onto shackle pin)

Well turns out I managed to get it reach, just. Its a bit tight, hopefully doesnt cause the hoses to come off or crack or something.

Got the cab lifted today aswell.

Latest posts

Back