Immobiliser seems to be leading to fuel drain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaby

Reaction score
Just checking from the brains trust exactly what happens when the immobiliser is perhaps a little faulty. Every now and then (maybe once a day) I have to prime my diesel with the pump bulb under the fuel filter to get the ute to start. What I have noticed is that every time it is about to happen, the immobiliser light comes on and stays on at the 'click' position just before the "crank" key position is reached. In the crank position there is no crank - no starter motor action at all, just silence. This happens maybe 3 or 4 times in a row as I turn the ignition right off and back on again to try again. When it then does finally crank and the starter motor turns over it will crank fine (new battery) but won't start as fuel has drained from the fuel filter (also new... and the whole fuel line checked for leaks by mechanic and there are none). So I prime it about 50 times - the last 40 are very small constrictions as the bulb is very 'hard' by the 8 - 10th squeeze - advice from a forum member (Old Tony) that seems to work...

So the questions are what can be done about an immobiliser that periodically stays on when I am trying to start the ute, and is part of what the immobiliser does to allow fuel to drain back to the tank if the system thinks the ute is getting stolen somehow?

cheers

shaby

Maybe try a different key if you have a second one see if that makes a difference I have 2 for mine only 1 works the ignition other one vehicle won’t start and just get flashing light on dash when you try I took to nissan dealer and said was coded correctly but it still doesn’t work so it’s just a mystery

OK ... I think I fixed the issue. One morning the ute got to the corner and then just stopped dead. It was as if it had just been turned off. I figured battery...which was correct - the positive bushing wasn't touching the terminal well enough. So I went and purchased a new terminal and attached that to the positive cable and Voila...the problem hasn't happened since. Still wondering what happens when an immobiliser is 'triggered' - how that leads to a drain of the fuel filter, but that is perhaps a question for another day. Thanks for your help and ideas folks.

Latest posts

Back