Alloy rim recall - anyone heard anything?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone heard whether the roll-out for replacement D40 alloy rims has started yet? or when it is meant to occur?

I checked with my local Nissan dealer in November - they basically shrugged their shoulders and were not helpful at all. Cheers

Nissan are porbably trying to find a way to get out of replacing them... There is probably time frames for dealling with these things so they are stalling.. They have checked mine for cracks 3 months ago and found none. However whats to say that they are safe now 10000 k on... It wouldent take that long to organise supply of new ones given the newer trucks ars not effected. They are definatly stalling to see what happens..... Possably dreabing up some safety wording for a little yellow sticker recall "THIS VEHICLE REQUIRES FITTMENT OF WHEEL RETAINER STRAPS IF USED OFF ROAD" OR am I being too sarkastic now.....

They have been checking wheels for a while now. Anything cracked gets swapped immediately and if not cracked they will replace at a later stage when stock is available.

Yes, thats as far as I've got - trouble is that seems a bit open ended to me. I'm not particularly fussed but I wonder if its one of those things that 'will just go away'.

I actually damaged a rim in December and asked when the new ones would be available. My only option (besides bashing the ding out myself) was to buy a new one. Clearly I don't want to be paying for any rims if they are going to be changed at no cost later.

I havent even bothered with this recall or the previous bonnet latch thingy yet as I couldnt be bothered wasting my time. Will be arranging to take the truck to them with the wheels in the back already clean so they can do their crap and I can get back to work.
they are meant to be awaiting stocks of wheels .Haven't heard of anyone getting their wheels as yet

Today I received a recall letter for this recall, I have already had my wheels inspected (in August 2011)

The letter does not say anything about stock being ready for replacement, infact it just looks exactly the same as the first one that I received last year.

Seems strange.. Is this their way of saying 'bring it back we have some wheels' seems a little too much of a time delay for it to be a case of them stuffing up and not having my car down as inspected??

Will call the dealer in the morning and see what they have to say. I don't particularly want to lose the car for a day again to just have my wheels cleaned.

Anyone else got a letter?

Okay guys here's the low down.
All
Inspections needed again to see of wheels fell into certain part batch. Wheels are Melbourne/Sydney stock. Takes 3 days to get them max. Then your dealer has to fit them. Unfortunately Nissan did not release batch numbers at the first inspection as they had a panic and send us a pointless crack inspection kit.
Big hassle for all the tradies. Just ask for a loan vehicle.

I'm not a tradie, however just not having a car for a day is a hassle for anyone I think.

Dissappointing to learn that because Nissan was not able to work themselves out the first time, we all have to present again...

And knowing the dealer that I normally go to.. a loan car is hard to get if you are willing to pay for it.. so I doubt they will be forthcoming..

Where you from? And what dealer?
It is a massive hassle for the dealer too unfortunately as most dealers don't do Tyres in house an Nissan won't pay for the sublet.

I am in Perth (north)

Normally I go to Northside Nissan in Wangara. They are generally ok, it just seems that they have alot of clients that use all of their loan cars, so it is usually a few weeks before they have a car available.

I may ring another dealer.

bm0 said:
I am in Perth (north)

Normally I go to Northside Nissan in Wangara. They are generally ok, it just seems that they have alot of clients that use all of their loan cars, so it is usually a few weeks before they have a car available.

I may ring another dealer.

Yeah that is true. Nissan pays nothing for loan cars either. So some dealers will only have a couple. I have 2 Navs and 3 passenger cars. Almos always Booked out 2-3 weeks in advance.

I assume you are on the east coast somewhere?

I feel for the dealerships... they are the ones that have to deal with the grumpy customers like myself. Obviously if they give a customer a loan car they are out of pocket..

Not great form from Nissan Australia really.

So if the wheels are found to be in the batch, are they to be replaced? Or is there to be another inspection down the track?

If the dealer has stock. Replaced on the day if not replaced working 2-3 days max.
Sydney/Melbourne stock atleast. Not sure about perth.
Yeah it's hard work being apart of Nissan but I love the brand and the cars. And I'm happy doing it

2-3 days to Sydney/Melbourne means at least 1 week to Perth...

Thankfully Northside do have tyre equipment... so at least they can change them out onsite.

Hey Fatboy,

Just wondering how hard it is to check the batch numbers?? Would be nice if it is easy, then we could decide ourselves how much of a hurry it is to get the car into Nissan for a day.

bm0 said:
2-3 days to Sydney/Melbourne means at least 1 week to Perth...

Thankfully Northside do have tyre equipment... so at least they can change them out onsite.

Well depending on their workshop load see of they can take a quick look. The inspection should only take all of 20
Minutes. On hoist, wheels off, check part numbers the order or fit.

Received a new recall notice today. Program commencement date 25/2/12. Recall R1106
"You are advised to contact any Nissan Dealer to arrange for inspection and where applicable replacement of the alloy wheel."

My wheels have already been inspected in July ( no cracks found)
Rang the dealer, They said " Yes this is the final inspection"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back