Bendethera aus long weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Just a few happy snapps from my weekend trip to bendethra.
Spot the muppet : D

All in all was a great weekend. The nav was a trooper, the 2" lift surely did make a hell of a difference

Attachments

• image-2071089615.jpg
    image-2071089615.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2883827855.jpg
    image-2883827855.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3896174277.jpg
    image-3896174277.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 154
  • image-3130526758.jpg
    image-3130526758.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2458761101.jpg
    image-2458761101.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 150
About and hour and a half up from moruya and the same from Canberra. In the deua national park

About and hour and a half up from moruya and the same from Canberra. In the deua national park

Not a bad spot at all. We stayed at the Dry Creek camp ground at Araluen and drove into Bendethera via the Dry Creek fire trail a few weeks back.
When we got there we did the walk up to the limestone cave. The bats freaked the kids and wives out, but was an awesome little adventure climbing through gaps to the end.

How were the trails in the wet or did you find you still had decent traction?

All the trails were dry when we were there, but now knowing how steep they are was wondering if you would be able to drive them at all when it was raining, with some of the tracks looking like they were clay i would imagine it would get a little tricky.......

Ive only ever been down there in the rain. I had no worries first time around, accept that the truck was a touch low (stock suspension)
This time around we did the drive around the ridge, took near 6hours and was rough as guts, I only lost traction on one hill and rather then try an try and destroy the track I got snatched up. Once the tyres filled with clay it was hard going.
Even the river crossings arnt any worries when it's raining
Other then that it's a hell of a trip!! I love that part of the country :)
And so close to home

There's campsites everywhere mate full access. And trailer friendly!
If it rains thou it could be a touch tricky on exit.
I love that place

There's campsites everywhere mate full access. And trailer friendly!
If it rains thou it could be a touch tricky on exit.
I love that place

There are signs up saying NO TRAILERS PAST THIS POINT at both ends of the trail (Araluen and Bendethra) and the NPWS site says the same, But you could easily get a trailer down there and i saw a few that did, so it mustn't be enforced that heavily.

Never really paid any attention to that sign. There's always trailers down there though.
A lot easier to get out now, via moruya they've bypassed the steep clay hill. Much more trailer friendly

the sign could be a case of "We are not responsible that you whacked/wrecked your trailer. there was a sign there and you ignored it". they have to cater for the lowest common denominator of visitor.

Latest posts

Back