new upper wishbones

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sossel

Reaction score
I had these made by a mate with an engineering business and i am fitting them tomorrow. I should gain an extra 45mm down travel on the 15 i have now. I will post some pics of them fitted tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20012012139 (2) (640x360).jpg
    20012012139 (2) (640x360).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 388
They use the standard ball joint, we did that to keep the cost down and to make getting a replacement, if needed, a lot easier. The bushes are aftermarket and cost around 20% the price of genuine Nissan bushes.

Sweet
Will certainly give cheaper options that the Exxy units from the US and hopefully a heap less grief than trying to get Heim Joints passed by an engineer.
Are they the same length as stock or shorter to help with camber issues?

These ones are same length as stock ones, he also makes lower arms with plenty of adjustment to overcome alignment problems.

They look like the goods. Are they a one off or will he make more? and if yes, how much?

I am going to trial these for a couple of weeks just to make sure and then to sell sets of 2 with new bushes, in black powdercoat would be $500.00 + shipping.
My mate builds winch comp trucks as his main business so i have no doubts about the quality of these parts.

I've seen these for real - they certainly look well made and solid. I have no doubt Sossel will test them out good and proper and give an honest assessment of the performance.

See ya next Tuesday Steve.

I am going to trial these for a couple of weeks just to make sure and then to sell sets of 2 with new bushes, in black powdercoat would be $500.00 + shipping.
My mate builds winch comp trucks as his main business so i have no doubts about the quality of these parts.

price is very fair. Look forward to reading how they perform.

I fitted the wishbones yesterday and it was reasonably easy. i had to take the inner guard out on the drivers side so as to get to the back bolt out and be able to moove the steering shaft out of the way. I put the bolt back in from the other end.
Once i had it apart i realised that the ball joints were stuffed from taking all the shock load when it bottoms out on down travel so i got new ones from Bursons for $80 a pair.
I had to grind a small amount of the lip on the strut tower to make enough room for the rubber boot on the ball joint.
The passenger side only took about 20 minutes to do as nothing is in the way and the inner guard doesn't have to be removed.
I have measured fron the top of the rim to the wheel arch which is 340mm with the car sitting and i jacked up each side and the measurement is403 mm sitting on the bumpstop, so i now have 60mm of down travel. I will take it out for a test at Tonimbuk tomorrow.

Attachments

• 03022012140 (640x360).jpg
    03022012140 (640x360).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 03022012141 (640x360).jpg
    03022012141 (640x360).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 03022012143 (640x360).jpg
    03022012143 (640x360).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 316
Good stuff steve. Are these designed so you don't need an allignment afterwards. Also is it going to be an issue for thai built models with pressed in ball joints or do they come with them.?

Hi Kyle, A wheel alignment shouldn't be needed as we made a jig using the stock arms so all measurements should be the same.
I will see how the tyres wear over the next couple of weeks and get a wheel alignment if necessary.
The stx ball joint is also a press fit, the arms really flex bigtime when you press the ball joint out. The circlip is a safety backup I think.

I would suggest that you check the ball joints for movement if the arms have been hitting, my passenger side one was really knackered.

I went to Tonimbuk this morning, we didn't do anything too serious but there was no clunks or bangs from the wishbones bottoming out. I'm not used to it being so quiet, it used to go clunk just going out the driveway.
There were no wobbles in the steering at 110 on the freeway and the tyres look fine
I might just be on a winner here!

Latest posts

Back