removed rear step please help!!!!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22Nav_Man

Reaction score
I removed the rear step off my D22 today. and need some ideas for what to use to cover the ugly gap between the tailgate and tow bar. I was thinking of using cherker plate. If youve done it please post a picture of it so i can see how far down to come and what shape to cut it. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG00300-20120205-1645.jpg
    IMG00300-20120205-1645.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,098
I've got one in silver all made if you want it. Had it on before i got the tjm step. gold coast. look in my ride thread for a few pics.

you could get a standard nissan beaver panel off the basic model D22 from the nissan wreckers in VIC, and just screw it on.
Craig did that and it looks just like stock, as it should really.

Black perspex strip stuck down below the spare tyre ratchet access would look ok i think

go to a metal recycling shop and pinch some checker plate cheap from there. Did mine for about $10. Reuse the bolts from the rear step. Prob what Al did too :)

Where abouts are you mate, I have one in silver.
But heres what i did... Find yourself a rodeo or dmax rear bar. It can mount up higher than the nissan one and its not as wide.
I think theres a pic of it here somewhere.

Im glad you posted the picture, I was thinking of taking my bumper off too. Ill wait till I go to the wreckers and get a metal strip.

Rear Bumper removal

Hey,
i removed my rear bumper on Tuesday night. Looks less chunky in the ass without it.
I am picking up a piece of aluminium tread plate to fit just under the tailgate to put the number plate & lights onto.

i will post photos once completed later tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
this one looks alright

Attachments

• Navara 5inch lift 33s.jpg
    Navara 5inch lift 33s.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 182
Here is the "near finished product".
Just going to powder coat it, couldnt leave it off for this long weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 184

Latest posts

Back