4wd action question .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
Hey guys Facebook question from 4wd action mag was
Muddys vs A/T and why ?

Cheers guys what are you running and why ?
:rambo:

A/T's on mine. I do more highway than mud, and most of my off-road is on dirt with just the occasional mud or water crossing.

Muddies would wear too fast for me.

attachment.php

(it's actually a photo of a little bird)

Attachments

• IMG_0265-resized.jpg
    IMG_0265-resized.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 451
I run 31x10.5R15 Muddies on mine as I find they are the best for grip through the tracks I use. I have never been a fan of AT as the ones I have tried (on my work utes) fill up with rocks and mud too easy.
The MT can be let down and rock crawl up difficult places. I use Nankang Mudstar as they seem to last the longest on road as well.

at the moment, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, i'll go upto 32x11.5x16 bighorns when i go to get new tyres soon.

i love them because when i do go offroad, they work, extremely well. and i haven't run a set from new, so i don't know how well they wear down, i've put over 40k on this set, and i'll get another 10-15 easily.

HT because that is what Nissan supplied. They will be replaced only when they wear out & probably with Cooper LT AT3's 265/75/16. The reason is because LT ATR's are on wifies car & they have done near 95,000ks with heaps of towing & dirt. That suits me.

AT's all day long. Makes for a better all rounder, less road noise, better millage IMO especially when there not touching the ground!

DSC_0453.jpg

Thanks for all the post I have brigestone AT on mine but they came with my car so prob change it up soon prob just stay with that AT as I need it work too.

Latest posts

Back