long range fuel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizz007

Reaction score
hey guys im after getting a new tank or an aux tank, just wondering what other d40 owners are using, wich brands how many more you get that sort off thing

Long Ranger was fitted to mine in November for about $1400. Adds 70L and doesn't need any further thinking about, although a stool to sit on while refuelling wouldn't be a bad thing.

Check out the Ironman one... it is a little cheaper (circa $800 from memory) with a slightly lower capacity... It will however only fit a Spanish truck (I am told)

*the above is hearsay.. confirm with Ironman... I dont have one :)

I got mine from opposite lock. It holds 160 L. think its made by outback not sure. Cost around 1400 from memory dosent reduce ground clearance and dosent have straps holding tank up to get snaged when 4wding. Can use fast fill as it is vented well. the guage reades from around half full. If you search threads for long range tanks there is photos posted by BOSS HOGG of the one he installed thats what made my decision easy....

yea i was looking at the ironman one but only fits the spanish models for some reason and i have the thia built , i wonder what the difference is

Long Ranger was fitted to mine in November for about $1400. Adds 70L and doesn't need any further thinking about, although a stool to sit on while refuelling wouldn't be a bad thing.

perks of having a dropside tray, people seem to look at me wierdly but oh well, it takes forever to fill.

i have the long ranger aswell its sits above the tail shaft and mounts to the chassis rails, from what i can see on mine youde need to remove the tray to install it which is only 4 bolts but yeh

I also have the Long Ranger in my 2010 Thai ST fitted in April 2011 for 1350 full of fuel and has been great! Initially had a drama with the fuel gauge not going back up to full but they had installed the sender wrong or something and was rectified and no probs since. Clearance is fine but does have straps around it but i cant see it getting into a position to snag on anything.Takes about 300ks before it moves off full and get around 1300ks to a tank city/highway.

anyone know whats the smallest long range tank is? i have just purchased a spanish built and it has a L/R tank but i don't know which one, i have done 1100 k on 110 litres with the gauge almost empty but no light on, any info appreciated

You might need to post a photo or write down any numbers you see, then google what you find.
High flow diesel pumps are your friend. I filled my standard tank with 63l in 60 sec SO much better than standing around waiting.

thanks mate i had a look underneath quickly and couldn't see any numbers but it has metal straps and the welds dont look well lets just say it's not roboticly welded

I suggest you jump under there with a camera and take a couple of pics then post them up into this thread.

SOMEONE will have the same tank as you and be able to identify it for you.

I believe there are only 3 LR tanks available in Aus - Ironman (poo), Longranger (excellent) and the other one which I can't remember at the moment. I'm sure I'll rmember at 2 tomorrow morning :D

@ 1100k's mine is on the last notch above empty. takes another 100 -150 to get the light on, can get it to 1350ks before filling, and it takes about 141ltrs then.

Hi folks

I'm looking to get a long range tank for my '08 King Cab - Cab Chassis. I have been quoted on both he LRA 150 litre and a 166 litre from OL.
The price is not an issue I would prefer the 166 litre but would like opinion or experiential comment on either tank.

Cheers
Brad

Latest posts

Back