Right Rear Brake Drag

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR12NavD40

Reaction score
Hey, bare with me,

2012 Navara, left hand drive.

I just did all four corners on my truck. It was getting a little slow to stop. Glad I did this as the rear shoes were glassed. I live in a hilly country and after completing a road trip, my right rear brake developed a concerning sound but still worked.

While completing a hill decent, the brake sounded like it was dragging, but only when brakes were applied. It felt the same way a wrapped rotor does. After the decent, the problem would go away, would complete another decent without issue. A few hours later, another decent, sound, vibration, brakes work fine. Did a quick stop, had to complete another decent, no sound or vibration.

Side note, on these hills, I'm dropping to first or second to avoid cooking the brakes and thus, didn't experience any brake fade or asbestos smell (woo).

So with that, has anyone experienced this problem? I don't want to tear the brakes apart unless I have to (finding flat real estate to work in the hot sun is quite difficult). I was also thinking that maybe, just maybe, the brake shoe in question isn't engaged as much as it should and may require another adjustment.

Anyways, thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers from Costa Rica.

Back