UCA - Spring cap knocking 2 inch lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazza81

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently installed 35mm front blocks in my D40 (had factory heavy but not lifted springs), now I have 585mm from center of hub to lip of guard which from all my readings is in the relms of a normal 2 inch lift but I am getting contact where the spring cap meets UCA. I know I could get after market UCA's or extended ball joints not real keen on either. I would rather pull my lift blocks back out and machine them down a touch so the big question is can any one tell me the distance from hub center to wheel arch of a non knocking front end so I can work out how much to machine my blocks down.

Also with the extended ball joints is anyone having dramas with them? I have a spanish built with camber adjusters in the lower arms I am assuming it is take the uca out press the old out and new in may as well throw the offset UCA bushes in while going.

I hope that all made sense it was long winded.

Thanks

I had 2inch lift on my king cab and it contacted, not bad, but noticeable when getting front wheels off the ground on the dunes though

Yeah I can notice it when going over speed humps not sharp ones those rounded style.

Latest posts

Back