New Guy with some questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 52454

Reaction score
Hello all, basically im fighting what everyone else is who has lifted their IFS d22 as far as she will go.
my first problem was all 4 ball joints connected to the center link would allow the bar to twist forward or back, messing with alignment. the ball joint nuts for the inner tie rods would also make contact with the frame above at certain steer angles. I solved this crudely by drilling out the pitman and idler arm to fit a collared bolt. I drilled out the centerlink and installed brass self lubricating bushings/sleeves, and sandwiched it all together and has made a drastic improvement. i fortunately do not need everything certified like some countries (or at least no one really cares around here). It is still not great though.
so... I'm new to D22s but have lots of experience with R50 pathfinders. has anyone attempted to install the rack and pinion setup from the R50 into a D22. ( I have a complete r50 that I will the taking the motor and trans from for this D22 anyways so have the correct pump, lines and it all looks like getting slightly creative making a mounting backet for the rack and possible working steering?
sorry if I sound like an idiot im just trying to enjoy this project :)
any other suggestions?
i will be getting aftermarket UCAs by the time its back on the road

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_131936396_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230714_131936396_HDR.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back