D40 Manual - Reverse gear stuck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clubby

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ive just come back from Fraser Island, where we were robbed by dingos and chased out by a forming cyclone, but had a ball.
However, since the trip, my 2007 D40 Navara Manual takes some extreme force to push down into reverse, and then requires me to pull the gear stick up to select the forward gears. (Never had a problem prior to the trip)

Has anyone experienced this?
If so, what was involved in fixing it?

Planning on taking it in to Nissan shortly, but thought it would be worth seeing other peoples experience before they hit me up for the big $$'s for something so small.

Cheers

Havent heard of anyone having the issue but from what you have said the spring on the reversegate sounds like its either fouled or busted.
Just looked at the manual and couldnt see anything that could explain the issues but I would suggest it shouldnt be that big parts wise but labour could be a killer .Maybe its just something stuck in the shifter boot or something silly like that

I had the same issue after a 4wd trip in some thick mud. It would do it more when it got hot so I took it to Nissan, and what would you know, it wouldn't do it. They tried to tell me it was due to the clutch wearing out..
Next day it was still sticking so I pulled apart the centre console and pulled the gearstick boot away from the gearstick a small amount with a screwdriver and sprayed down some WD40. It came free again and has been fine since. I think some dirt, or in your case probably sand, got in there and caused the issue.
Hope this helps..
Scott

Latest posts

Back