Where did you buy your UHF radio in Sydney?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
I need to pick up a uhf for an Easter trip and as this will be our only radio, I want something decent.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good source of uhf radios?

Looking for a very decent hand held.

10min ago i bought a brand new pair of 2watt ORICOM hand held UHF radio's for $110 off of Ebay.

I bought my Uniden 5watt car uhf from the 4wd show but have since bought a better one for less from Ebay for a mate.

so i think you can see where im headed....... Try Ebay

go for a 5 watt and external antenna, both gme and uniden are ok. if you dont want a fixed antenna mob in cessnock do a good magnetic base for $15 on ebay.depending on terrain to what you put on it.

yip, Gadgetcity advertise extensively on fleabay....good idea for folks to compare both sites for options $$$$$$

Got my oricom 5 watt cheapie radio from rays outdoors when they had a sale only payed 80 bucks down from 130, works best with 150mm of wire for the antennae hahaha

Yeah, I can vouch for all of the above and a few more.....have bought from all of them....get them all up and compare pricing....one place will have one item cheaper and another will have what everelse you want cheaper than the first,
tho, if your are buy lots of thing, it usually works out you can get them from the same place

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vouch for Prestige too, they've been so good in the past I doubt I'd look elsewhere for radios in the future.

Thanks guys. Looked at all the links.
Looks like we will go with Prestige as they have everything we want.
<As soon as The Boss sorts out why we just had "an insufficient funds" phone call. Nissan is going to be pissed as they are currently fitting a bull bar>.

Yeah if they didn't get to it Friday I doubt they will get to it until atleast Monday, I've never had a reply from them on a weekend.

Well, I didn't get any reply to either of my two emails to Prestige asking questions and yes, both were on their system for a a few working days. so I ended up ordering the UHF and two aerials off Gadgetcity.com.au who promptly answered enquiries and dispatched the the stuff same day.

I know this is an old tread but for anyone else looking. Andrews Communications at Giraween / Greystains. Bathurst st. Always been good to me. I run a Vertex Standard 100ch. Was programmed as 40ch with the remainder to monitor police, now I just reprogrammed it to an 80ch and the remainders are now set to monitor RFS. Has two output power settings aswell 4watts and 25 Watts. Great little radio.

Cheers

I know this is an old tread but for anyone else looking. Andrews Communications at Giraween / Greystains. Bathurst st. Always been good to me. I run a Vertex Standard 100ch. Was programmed as 40ch with the remainder to monitor police, now I just reprogrammed it to an 80ch and the remainders are now set to monitor RFS. Has two output power settings aswell 4watts and 25 Watts. Great little radio.

Cheers

This requires a special licence?
Ham or other?

Na mate, because when you buy it it is suppose to be programmed and locked from transmitting on police Channel's etc so no problem. But thanks to eBay you can buy the software and cable required to reprogram it to do what you want. You would have to be crazy to transmit on a police frequency anyway. Big trouble. So if you are not stupid with it and set it up to do the rite thing all is good. It's a military grade radio so very tough. Just google vertex standard vx 3200. That's the model I have. Very similar to the icom units but more flexible.

Latest posts

Back