Offset Stamp?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showy

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm wondering if there is any way to tell what the offset is by looking at the rim (or have I got it totally wrong?) I'm about a week or so off buying some 265 75 R16 BFG AT's with four new steel sunnies. After reading the forum I believe I need a +20 offset. Apart from just taking the guy at the tyre dealers 'word' for it, is there any way of checking I'm getting what I asked for. I currently have two different brands of steel rims on the front, neither of which has any obvious markings.

There is plenty of talk about offset on these forums, I don't know what d22 offset is but one of the threads here will certainly know. There is atleast one pic in the slideshow/albums somewhere which shows where the offset is stamped on D40 wheels if you can find that it might help you for D22 wheels.

Just off the top of my tired head, I understand the standard D22(2010) wheel was 265/70R116 and that is on an offset of +40.

If the 265/75R16 is a wider tyre, then it would make sense that you need the +20(moves out?)

There is a tread about in all in the D22 section. From memory it was the second one in the list as the first one ended up all tyre talk.

Thanks for the replies gents. After reading a bucket load of the forum I'm reasonably confident that the +20 is what I need - I just can't ascertain if the rims have a stamp or some other marking on them to identify what off set they actually are. The main reason I'm asking the question is because on one of the threads I was reading, someone was suggesting the wrong offset can put extra pressure on your drive line components, causing them to wear out much faster.

I'd prefer, if I can, to be able to double check on the rims myself what the offset is, rather than trusting who ever is throwing them on. I've currently got several old steel wheels on the truck which may be different to the brand new sunraysia rims i'm buying as far as the markings go.... if that all makes sense.

Terryc - Thanks.. managed to find the thread you were talking about. For anyone else reading this, there is another thread entitled 'Sunraysia Rims, dated 13.08.11. Page 6 explains clearly how to measure the offset, whilst on previous pages, there is another post stating that the offset is only printed on the box upon delivery.. no stamp on the rim itself.

Thanks for your help everyone - appreciated.

Latest posts

Back