Thoughts on your Nav's so far?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I have just clicked over 10,000kms in my D40 recently, so I guess its pretty well run in now (the scratches back me up on that one!)

So far I am loving it. It is a gigantic car to be trying to push around shopping centre car parks etc, but everywhere else it seems in its element. I have set it up pretty much how I want it now, it goes well, sounds great, has got bar and side steps for protection, roof rack for storage, rod holders for the beach, tyres for the bush. I am really happy with it.

Considering I was all ready to buy a Triton GLX/R and just test drove a Navara for curiosities sake, I am glad things turned out the way they did.

The only real thing I would fault is the lag down low in the rev range but the exhaust has helped that a lot and I guess you cant make good power out of a small engine without some sacrifice.

Whats you thoughts after your time of ownership guys?

I nearly bought one too, they were doing some great deals/cash backs around the time I was looking.

Yeah those Tritons are uuuuugley!

I've had my d22 for 10k now also. 1st 4x4, thought it was a bit rough and loud at first but now can't go back to driving a civilised car like the Gf's. Every time i get it grows on me a little bit more

I am in the same boat, I got the d22 over triton, purely on looks. The triton is ugly as.
I am amazed at how economical is this thing is - I have never owned a diesel before.
Ayway, 5000km and i am happy so far, only fault i have is the dealers i haggled with. I never want to visit a dealer again, nissan or any other, they are all lying scum. I cannot believe the difference in pricing I got from dealers. I got away unscathed, I got mine for 33.5k drive away with towbar + liner, all is well so far :)

mitsi have always had problems with heads cracking anyway. not sure if that is fixed in the new tritons. oh yeah ugly anyway

The nissan ABN discount was a good incentive too, around 10k off b4 on-roads etc

Loving the Nav. got about 35000km's on it now and hasn't missed a beat (touch wood). The only thing is the turning circle on it, a bit big and forces you to reverse alot in tight spots on worksites

Love the fuel consumption, power it makes and the space inside. Never owned a diesel before but now I wouldn't own anything else except for a 69 HT Monaro ( but that's a long way yet)

Just done 10,000klm in mine also and love it ! i cant really complain about anything other than Nissan service centres . Mates got a Triton GLX-R and we call it Cindarella's Chariot because of its looks! ugly.

I tried the Triton too. Thought they had just strapped a bathtub on the back. Ugly as a hat full of Rsoles.
50,000 up on the Nav and still going well but things like 1st gear, and turning circle a bit disappointing

The looks put me off but had the chance to take a xls for a drive and they go like hell. be sticking to the nissan thro.

137,000km's on my D22, since july 2006 and get's better with the more km's it does.

Just needs a bloody good clean inside and out. Might be time soon to get it detailed.

Dave.

Jason and I must be the only ones who actually like the look of the tritons lol.

you guys are sick! the only triton i ever entertained the thought of buying was a black 05 glxr, i think it was an mh model, anyway, obviously the previous shape.

i love my d40 and drive it every chance i get.
it was the only vehicle i test drove.
hilux too dear & not quite as horrid looking as triton,
ranger - ford hate, (don't tell anyone but the new ones look ok)
colorado - same p.o.s. as rodeo,
d-max - as colorado only asking for trouble buyin 1st release of anything, all that really left was bt50 and nav. salesman quoted me 41000 drive away (09 plate in feb with abn, incl metallic paint & towbar) so i had to test drive and loved it. thought about d22 but it was only about 6k cheaper so for what i got for price with d40 is awesome.
i looked at bt50 but it's finish looked cheap, especially by mazdas standards and have been told they are pretty avarage on fuel.

I got my 04 D22 March 2008 with 47,000 on the clock, im now upto 103,000 and it hassn't missed a beat, My only real gripe is the suspension or lack there of, it gets a bit rough at times

When I was looking around I was originally going to buy a new 4B but the bank said no to how much $$ they would give me as I was borrowing against the house and they would only loan 20% of the equidy and I needed 21.5% or something like that. But with what I looked at here were my thoughts

Mitsu - didn't like the tray how it rolls down at the back, growing on me now
Ranger/BT50 - like driving a tin can and realy stiff/rough suspension
Lux - Toooooo dear by about $8000
Rodeo - liked it as a 2nd choice
Nav D22 - not yet released
Nav D40 - Had all but signed the contract on a black one.

Just ticked over 9000km on my D40 and i love it. Yeah first gear is a bit lacking but some short shifting can get you moving quick enough. My biggest gripe is the bike pump sized factory shocks...they are shite to say the least, but fingers crossed I can afford a lift soon.

Im not a big fan of the Triton (try'n'turn as my mate calls it - apparently worse turning circle than the Nav), but if you strip off the factory rear bar and replace it with an ARB one, and an ARB Sahara bar up front it takes away some of the horrible lines and makes it look ok.

I've had my D40 3.0 man over 2 yrs now. It's not as tough or capable as my previouse 2004 3.0td d22 that i had. But the comfort out weighs that slight issue. I've only done 40 thou so far but 8000 of those has been tough going on gravel and dirt roads and nothings fallen apart so far. I got the squeek out of the bonnet by placcing some self adhesive felt where the rubber contacts the body. It worked fine untill 4000 k's of corrugations, the rubber pads left residue on the felt so in turn started to squeek again. I might try acrylic next time. But stoked with the truck all the same

Latest posts

Back