Hot water camping shower

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey fellow navvies

I am heading up to cape for a 3week long trip starting in cairns mid July. I have everything sorted except for how the wife is gonna keep herself clean. Hot water shower is a hard one to decide. I bought a bag you leave in the sun and it heats water and holds 20l. This is prob enough water for her. Then I saw the heat exchange units you install in cars and they have a 12volt pump and shower head. Was looking at the unit from Australia Direct on eBay.$396 came with everything.

Guess I would like to know what others have dome for long camping trips. Give me some ideas

Thanks

I got a 12v shower from the a camping shop. most have them for around $30. basicaly a little bilge pump with hose and shower head (adjustable flow) and waterproof switch all ia a little carry bag. works a treat. I set it up in a bucket and the head has a suction cap to stick to the side of the car or i set up a shower tent is other campers are around. I fill the bucket with water from those solar showers if we are camped at the beach. but if moving often i just boil up sone water and add to the bucket to get te desired temp... The girls love it. just shut it of or leave shower head in bucket while soaping up and u wont use too much water...

Hey fellow navvies

I am heading up to cape for a 3week long trip starting in cairns mid July. I have everything sorted except for how the wife is gonna keep herself clean. Hot water shower is a hard one to decide. I bought a bag you leave in the sun and it heats water and holds 20l. This is prob enough water for her. Then I saw the heat exchange units you install in cars and they have a 12volt pump and shower head. Was looking at the unit from Australia Direct on eBay.$396 came with everything.

Guess I would like to know what others have dome for long camping trips. Give me some ideas

Thanks

hey rusty nav i got the glind deluxe shower kit with 12l pmin pump for 450 from my opposit lock dealer havent installed it yet still trying to work out which hose to tap into but they seem fairly good from the post iv read oin other sights some people even reckon they get a bit to hot and the pump draws from 10m away which i find pretty handy aswell we are heading up the cape 30th july via melville might seeya up there keep ur eyes for 3 black dual cab d40s running 33s

boxy

The aqua cube is a lot more reliable than the coleman but they do still have a few returns not to bad but

Rusty the way 4 naving does it is the easiest and simplest and it similar to how i do it. As long as you can heat water your set. Also get a 20l bucket with a lid a i keeps it all together.

Bryan

I got a 12v shower from the a camping shop. most have them for around $30. basicaly a little bilge pump with hose and shower head (adjustable flow) and waterproof switch all ia a little carry bag. works a treat. I set it up in a bucket and the head has a suction cap to stick to the side of the car or i set up a shower tent is other campers are around. I fill the bucket with water from those solar showers if we are camped at the beach. but if moving often i just boil up sone water and add to the bucket to get te desired temp... The girls love it. just shut it of or leave shower head in bucket while soaping up and u wont use too much water...

Same as i do for the missus,i heat a stainless pot beside the fire,drop the pump in,good to go,1 clean missus.I also made up a 12v extension lead in case the shower tent is a bit far away.

Thanks a bundle for the ideas. I think I will stick with the simple 12v shower and the shower tent idea. Went to rays outdoors and they have the showers for $39 there was a cheaper one but it looked cheap

also forgot to mention in the 20l plastic bucket i have i out a $7 steel gal bucket from bunnings to put on the fire to heat the water! this really is the simplest way i reckon!

bryan

Hey, I was looking at hot showers a while back and after trying out a few I was pissed off at the bag system and having to lug shit around. So after being at work I noticed a solar hws setup that could work and googled it and sure enough someone else has the idea!

Here's one setup but they're other more expensive options.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scintex-...ccessories&hash=item2c5f5c3603#ht_2406wt_1396

Its using a heat exchanger :) Mount it in your bonnet and inline with your radiator ect. Turn the car on and you have hot water! So compact, easy to use anywhere anytime.

Last edited:
Also google red rock hot water they are an instant hot water similar to house system but portable and at $220 a good price .I know several people with them and they swear by them.

We bought a Coleman Hot Water on Demand unit back when we believed that we couldn't replace the hot water system in our caravan (being made by a company that bit the bullet). We've since found an exact replacement made by another company (and probably using the plans etc from the original maker).

It's quite a good unit. Makes as much hot water as you want. Comes in a carry bag which takes its charger, spare gas bottles, shower head - it's not bad at all.

The alternative we used to use (in a shower tent) was to heat up water in a stock pot on the campfire, pour this into a 20L bucket, add cold water to suit, then use one of those 12V pump-with-shower-head things.

The 12v coleman uses a whole lot less water than a heat exchange unit or the big gas units and costs only about the $25 plus a bucket. Takes up less room also.

I found using one of those meat tray containers (bunnings used to sell them back when) have to get contact info from your butcher... put water in.. stand in it and shower with one of those cheap showers... BTW good idea to carry a spare shower the missus will go :saberfighting: if it F%^&'s up while she's under it.

I am looking at the Zodi Hot Tap. It is manufactured in the US. I have a friend who has one that I have tried and they are very good. They are a portable unit that rely on gas.
Just Google 'Zodi Outback Gear' and look at the 'On-Demand Hot Water & Portable Hot Showers'
Let us know what you think?
When I have mine I will let you know how they go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back