body lift for d22 in adelaide, will pay good money for help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StockAppy

Reaction score
i have a 2inch body lift for my d22 in adelaide, im willing to pay good money and help do the install, i have read on the forum it takes upto 2 hours to install? if you have done it before and would like to help me / do the job please contact me on 0404 335 247, Adrian. or post here.
i have rang around and the price 4x4 shops want to install it is ridiculous, example, 4play want 1500 to supply and install... there kits are 220 supply, i hardly see why i should pay 1280 to install if its a 2hour job...

cheers.

Try Chris at Cross Country 4x4, he always seems to be the best priced in adelaide.

G'day simon, gave cross country a buzz, 800 bucks supply and fit, thats not putting the bull bar up though. cheaper than 4 play thats for sure. if all else fails x country will get the job..

still lookin though. would rather give a member a couple hundred bucks and some fuel money than pay more to another company..

You might consider also 2 hrs may be a bit ambitious, perhaps others who have done it could give you a better idea.

A couple of things.
1/- If you got the kit off EBAY there's are good chance it won't fit.
2/- Make sure the cab blocks are 75mm in diameter. [if not don't fit it] get a proper kit.
3/- If anyone can fit a D22 dualcab bodylift properly in 2 hours he must be superman.
Cheers

im only going on what has been posted on this forum by other members.... in other body lift topics members are saying 2hrs..

i have not done it before. hence the asking for help :)

im only going on what has been posted on this forum by other members.... in other body lift topics members are saying 2hrs..

i have not done it before. hence the asking for help :)

No Problem mate,
Have you bought the kit already.
There have loads of people come to me with Ebay kits that are wrong.
There are a few forum member down your way so someone may be able to help.
D22s are not that hard to do yourself.
Cheers

What do folks do to address issues as a result of the body lift with the radiator,steering linkage, top mount intercooler to bonnet fit, brake hoses, electrical harnesses to engine and drivetrain to name a few I'd suggest.

Hmmm... That's a good question
Zordo does ur kit come with all that stuff in the last post?
Beside put the blocks and bolts in is there other things I would need to modify? Is it in ur instructions? Cheers

Zordo's the man to talk too, many of us have used his kits. You get everything you need too do the job, a full set of instructions and if you have any trouble you can ring him and he'll talk you through it.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

What do folks do to address issues as a result of the body lift with the radiator,steering linkage, top mount intercooler to bonnet fit, brake hoses, electrical harnesses to engine and drivetrain to name a few I'd suggest.

D22s have no problems with wiring/ steering linkage/brake hoses
Top mount intercooler will need a 50mm foam packer to seal to the gaps.

D22s are one of the easiest fourby to bodylift
Cheers

Install was a piece of piss. Did it myself this arvo. Quick and easy. Instructions were fairly clear. Gives me the extra Clearance I need with 33 inch 12.5 tyres that are offset. So now I have the 3 inch sus lift and 2 inch body lift. Happy

Like to see a pic, after my LOKKA I'd like a 2in body lift and already have the 3 in sus lift, wouldn't mind seeing how high it all sits.

Check out snowys d22 pix! Looks awesome!
I just don't like the insurance side of things. That's the only thin holding me back

Install was a piece of piss. Did it myself this arvo. Quick and easy. Instructions were fairly clear. Gives me the extra Clearance I need with 33 inch 12.5 tyres that are offset. So now I have the 3 inch sus lift and 2 inch body lift. Happy

What's involved in lifting the bullbar? Just drilling a few new holes???

as my bullbar didnt line up exactly how i liked before the body lift i lifted mine on each side with car jacks and got it lined up until i was happy and redrilled. however if you have the factory alloy bullbar like i do, only 1 of the 2 holes on each side can be redrilled, a bracket will need welding or bolting to do the other hole. all in all a quick job if you have the materials laying around like myself. i didnt bother with lifting the rear tub step, i dont mind how it is.

Cheers guys. Was going to have the body lift installed but I'll probably have a crack at it myself now. Any special tools required?

14, 17, 18, 19 sockets from what i can remember. i took a few shortcuts, didnt regrind the tailshaft loop on mine, didnt see it necessary as mine is connected to the chassis not the body. unsure if this is just mine or standard....? and the steering shaft i just d/c'ed the top nothing else. and left it till lifted and retightened. its worth looking at how your tub and cab line up before doing the lift so that once you lift one its inline still before you tighten.
its so easy, im very suprised. the most time was spent on the bullbar, realligning and drilling.... no special tools required, when you first look at all the bolts it can be confusing what goes where, make sure you even the spacers though, as some spacers take thicker bolts that other spacers. from memory, back cab took thick bolts, back middle took thin, front middle took thick, and front took thin. tub bolts are longest at the rear, middle had middle length and front had shortest bolts.

Latest posts

Back