oil filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBR4

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry this is a bit of a noob question but where do i find the oil filter.
I have brought all the gear for it and just wanted to check before i started i had to right one but cant seem to find it
Its the first oil change i have done on it since i have had it. Before i had a landcruiser and the filter was right in ya face when i popped the bonnet
Cheers

3 litre diesel i presume?

these use "eco filter". on passenger side or left side of motor is a alloy tube housing sticking out from the block near the font, almost under the turbo to air cleaner pipe.. it has a 1/2" square molded into it, use 1/2" ratchet to open. they have drain holes so once open enough oil will flow out into the catcher below it. it feeds under the ute and if you don't take off the sump guard it will drain onto the guard and then down to the ground. bit of a knack putting the tray in the right place to catch the oil ;)

i usually remove air cleaner to turbo hose to makes things easier (and do air filter at same time). cover the turbo intake so you don't drop shit down it.

its a bit weird putting the new filter in, it pushes in to fitting at the back of the housing, then screw housing on. filter will line up and go in.

DO NOT forget to change the O ring. found out the hard way they need to be changed otherwise they WILL leak.

i put a piece of hose over the end of the hose that is on the drain tray under the filter to extend it out so it doesn't drip all over and its easy to put oil tray under. works great.

Latest posts

Back