D40 constant trailer 12v power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bncfxstc

Reaction score
I want to have constant 12v on my trailer for interior lights. Just wondering if there is a certain wiring circuit for power to a 7 pin trailer plug. I have seen that some cars come with the circuit from factory just add tour own fuse. Also if not which wire is constant power without the key in the ignition. I have a aux and elec brake wire free on my plug are any of these constant 12v? Cheers paul.

the aux socket (#2) on your plug is where your 12v feed will go.
as for power source, usually there is just a 6mm fused wire running direct from your battery to the tow plug. you can also run it through a relay, so you only have 12v power to the rear when the ignition is on.

Hi Paul
If its the factory wiring harness it wont even have reverse at the connector.
I ran a new feed direct from the battery via a fuse.
There is a factory harness running down the chassis rail on the drivers side of the truck ( mines an 07 STX) so I just put the run in split conduit and cable tied it to the harness.

So should i be able to wire up 12v constant from my second batt with no probs with other trailers bein towed?

My personal preference would be to forget the 7-pin plug, put an Anderson plug/socket to use and that way if you're towing something else you don't risk blowing up their electrics.

Latest posts

Back