wtf. why did nissan use a cold chiesel for the side step holes in the floor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
Stripped out my 2012 d22. today to rust proof it with tecktol and usb220 pulled the.side steps off and they have an inch hole for a 8mm bolt that looks like it has been cut out with a cold chiesel or a two year old with a die grinder is everyone elses this dodgy.
ps rust proofing cars suck lol

Yeah bro, mine were like that also. I used an 8mm stainless bolt with some huge mud-flap washers and a boat load of sika to seal them up.

Ill try upload some pics tomorrow if i get time and im gonna do the same with washers and sika.
Dont know if ill get time to upload as i have a car with 600kms on it stripped out to the max and is gonna chew up a fair bit of time to put back together. :D

mmm maybe thats why the capet was wet in my nav when i pulled it back to get to one of the body bolts when doing the body lift.

hadnt been in water for ages, could have only been from water splashing up off the road and off tyres.

They just have a bot of tape across the hole on the under side of the body that is meant to seal up the hole. dogy :)
I would definatly silicone them up imo.

Pulled the guts out of my 2012 nav to replace steps with sliders, found the same thing 1" holes from a cold chisel. Waterproof tape and silcon fixed nicely.

Pulled my sidesteps off to replace with sliders and had perfect 20mm diameter holes. No cold chisel here. I just cut the brackets off the side steps cleaned them up and stuck them back on with some sikaflex227

Not a big fan of cold chisel, Barnsey soundsl ike he's taking a dump everytime he opens his mouth.

It looks likes someone was taking a dumP when they did the holes, weren't concerntraiting on the hole that's for sure

Pulled my carpet up also, and found the cold chisel style holes.
Jan 2012 Jap built.
Completely pathetic, seriously.
I think this is where the water has been coming up over the last few creek crossings!
Thanks Nissan......

I'm probably going to get grilled by the Jap owners here...
But this just shows one of few small miscellaneous defects that have been popping up in the jap models since they were express built to keep up production, until thai flooded factories were back up and running.

Latest posts

Back