Alloy Bull Bars.... Why?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

From the pics in the gallery etc I notice that the majority of 4B owners seem to go for Alloy Bull Bars. I was wondering why you choose Alloy over steel.

Is it purely aesthetics?
Is it for Corrosion?
Is it for light weight?

I know it isn't for cost.
It isn't for impact resistance
It isn't for the love of polishing

So what gives? I'm genuinely curious. In WA, if you drive north at all, the only way to go is Steel IMHO due to the roos and cows. Very real threat (I know coz I hit a cow on my last trip :angry:)

Cheers,

DJ

I went alloy because a cheap second hand one became available to me. I like the look and lightweight as well.

I only have an alloy bar because Nissan stuffed up at sale time.

I don't like it at all but because they have cut my bar to fit it I can't even remove it until I get another front bar.

weight is a big factor. 2nd is looks.

to me the fact that alloy is a bit weaker than steel is not all that important. one problem is steel ones (and some alloy) can be to strong. there is no give in the bar so all force goes directly to chassi and often you can end up with a busted chassi instead of a busted bull bar.

I think with a lot of brand new vehicles nissan quite often has an offer of a freee bullbar, but unless you want the bigger chunky winch bar the only factory option is the ally one you see on every 2nd Navara

I can say my alloy bar is plenty strong enough to handle big roos the bull gave me a bit of a shove other day too thought the old d40 was bit of a throw toy lifted the front up a bit. only thing I dont like about my ecb bar is its approach angle which until i bother going proper 4wdriving doesn matter

Latest posts

Back