some trips ive done

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40KC

Reaction score
Been out hitting the tassie tracks the last 2 weekends.

1st trip we headed off to derby then out along the cascade dam. From there we followed cascade dam rd along to mt Paris dam and into weldborough.

From weldborough we went up emu track and along to frome dam then came back in at the golf course at moorinna.

2nd trip we took today and headed straight out to start at emu track in weldborough and try to get from there to the blue tier. Gave it a fair effort and got up some steep rock ledges only to get beaten by a massive rock ledge. We had to turn around and go back along emu track and just explore around frome dam.

Found some wicked tracks completely overgrown but we gave em a crack anyways!

Bloody good day all round....next up I'm gonna try the Jeep Track

Love all that area, there are heaps of awesome tracks there. Fav camp spot of ours is at Moorina down the road from Weldborough :)

Jeep track is nothing to what it used to be, it was graded hard but I was up there a few weeks ago and it has been flattened out to medium. The big rutted section heading up to the big fallen tree has been smoothed out :( When I did it in 2010 even the big patrols with 35's were strugling! Was alot of fun! Be sure to stop into the pub in the paddoc and give pracilla the pig a beer! Yes thats right, a pig that drinks beer at the pub! And she smashes it too! Id put a case up for anyone who can out scull her!
Im living in launceston untill the end of the year at this stage, maby longer as I'v fallen for a nurce, but if anyone is heading down this way and would like some guidence/maps ect even some other people to go out 4x4ing with let me know! My house has 3 mad keen 4x4ers so we hit the tracks a fair bit!
Scotty :)

What the jeep track used to be like :)

Attachments

• jeep track deep rut.jpg
    jeep track deep rut.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 121
  • jeep track rut.jpg
    jeep track rut.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 110
Looks easy!! Haha are they all terrains?? Well give me a call cause I am down here bored shitless most weekends and looking for some good tracks!

0403 433 828
Russell

They were all terrains, but didnt get the grip on the slippery mud. Ended up having to get a bit of a tow up this section but its flat now :-( In the pics it looks easyer then it was at the time.
Il be sure to give ya a buzz in about 3 weeks, I know iv said this before but im at the maritime collage and its been a hell first semester with final exams taking place in 3 weeks, after that im going to need a massive dose of bundy and 4x4ing to recover!!!
Mite have to get you on the Blafour track with us when we head back to the west coast again! Should be nice and fun now its wet again!!! :)

Latest posts

Back