At what point is new car warranty affected?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPearson

Reaction score
Hi all

If i were to do mods to my 2008 st-r navara such as suspension upgrades/lift, Diff lockers etc. In the experience of the members of this forum, How do nissan react if you need to make a warranty claim?

Regards
Iain:suicide:

Hey Ipearson,

I spoke to the guys behind the spares counter about his thoughts on warranty and mods as I was probing about Nissans reaction to a 3" exhaust on my ZD30. He said if anything went wrong with the engine, that could even remotely be connected to the change in exhaust pipe, it would void warranty.

He also made mention of a guy who blew an engine and Nissan found he was using Ryco filters. Nissan Warranty department said the warranty was void but the contact at Nissan arced up in defense of the customer as they didn't want to be the one to tell the customer he wasn't covered. Customer must have been a big unit :-D Apparently they came around in the end. This is what I was told so don't know the truth of it, but it sounds possible and even likely.

I see car company warranties just like insurance companies, they'll always look for a loop hole to get out of it, especially if it is a major claim.

Just my 2 bob's worth, keep the change ;-) I'm sure others can help further and perhaps from personal experience.

Deejay

all depends on the dealer..... my 31" tyres were too big over factory and too "aggressive", also had a "big lift" (2" lift) so they wouldnt cover my transfer chain.

Even if a vehicle is standard manufactures will try and blame every other factor rather then handing money out.

Dave.

mates got 35's on his new cruiser and blew a front diff (didnt tell em he was pulling a truck out of a mud bog at the time) and toyota wouldn't warrant it

take it where ever kickars2 takes his....he get everything under warranty....must be doing a few favours under the desk haha

lol yeah they must like me or something. i actually saw one of th mechanics out at the pub on the weekend and talked to him and he will do cash work for me.

transfer case, i had 2 inch lift and 32 inch muddies.
rear diff carrier bearing, lift mudies gas conversion
front diff, life muddies gas conversion, chip, rear air locker.lol afterwards they tried to make me pay saying it was driver error like i was driving around on the bitumen in 4wd lol i told them to get stuff as they already did the work and said it was covered. lol
rear right brake master cyclinder, same as the front diff and i just got back from the cape.
they told me they wont cover ilder arm's cause of the lift and tyre's and that's it.
and it's going in monday to get the engine sump looked at because it's leaking.
and if they try and blame it on the chip or gas conversion i tell them to get stuffed as if i did cause it to leak, it would have melted a piston before hand.

lol just heard from nissan it's not the sump gasket. the motor has done a crankshaft seal.
and it's getting covered under warrenty

Hi Guys

My local Nissan dealer is really good.All the things that I have asked to be repaired under warranty have been.They dont seen to have any problems with the minor mods I have done to my navara

Shane

Latest posts

Back