gearbox removal hassles!!! ahh!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40todie4

Reaction score
hey guys ive bought a single mass flywheel kit for my car
and i thought it would be a good idea to change it myself :\

does anybody know if there are any hints on how to get these gearbox'ss
out because im really having a hard time, everything is stripped off,
all the bell housing bolts are off but the box wont jiggle out!!

anything i could have possibly missed? any hints or tricks?

please let us know thanks guys!!!!

finally

okay i found why it was still stuck haha
i found a bolt that mounted the bell housing from the engine to
the bell housing!!! for those doing it them selves, there only one bolt on the drivers side not far from the top.

ALSOOOOOOO

do not forget to take the crank angle sensor out before remove gearbox you will break the sensor.

luckly that bolt saved my sensor!!!! haha well if anyone needs any assistance removing a gear box i can help now that its been done!!!

yay!

good work mate. another tip which is pretty basic is to disconnect the battery first... The guys that did mine forgot this basic step and the starter earthed out on the chassis melting the main wire and everything it touched. and the current travled through the brake lines and fried them.... all needed replacing.... a real night mare you wouldent expect from professionals. they did however do there best to make good and repair the damage... let us know how the single mass fly wheel goes as it made my car terrible to drive and i went back to duall mass. doesent happen to all vehicles apparently...

Latest posts

Back