Bullbar + kangar + airbags = ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
Not sure what bullbar is need but i want a steal one for protection from kanags when driving up to the murry etc.

Now my question is what brands are good? I do want to hook up spotties on it and maybe a winch in the long run.

Now has anyone hit a kangaroo with airbags and with a steal bull bar? Or in that fact hit anything while havng the above?

Im wondering how much presure will be needed to pop the air bags. I reckon i would crash from the air bags coming out not hitting the roo lol.

I hit a roo at 80km/h, bulllbar is still good.

Cracked the lense on the indicator in the bullbar and broke the number plate surround.

Thank god I hit him when he was ready to pounce again and not in the air.

Bullbar fine and roo not, didn't get up.

Dave.

From what I've heard an average size roo wont set off your air bags....dont quote me on that but i have read and heard that from a few different places. Any certified air bag compatiable Steel Bar will do the trick, ARB and Ironman seem pretty popular ones. I have a genuine Nissan bar myself from factory, cheaper.

Even a good size roo shouldnt pop your bags and as Matt said all bullbars MUST comply to ADR's and number one on THAT list is airbag compatibility. For us having sold plenty of almost all brands the TJM is the pick of the litter closely (very closely) followed by ARB then IRONMAN would round out OUR top three. Not only on strength and visual appeal but ease of fitment too.

I have an ARB bar on my D40...
Now Killed 2 roos.. 1 at 110kmh with a car trailer and car on the back... and one at about 70kmh..

the airbag compatable bars have what they call "Crash cans"
there a crushable mount which take a large amount of the hit.. so if you hit something hard enough, the crash cans will crush and no airbag is set off.. This is obviously different if you hit somethjing a bit more solid.. car,tree, house or whatever..

when i hit the roo at 110.. it crushed 1 can.. cheap and easy to replace.. it was a fairly sized roo too.

Cool where abouts? I rang up ARB in Melbourne and they said over 2k , bit step i think when i hear mates getting them just above 1k

ARB in sydney (st peters) quoted me $1260 installed. Not sure who to believe anymore, then I see new steel bars on ebay for $500.

Cool where abouts? I rang up ARB in Melbourne and they said over 2k , bit step i think when i hear mates getting them just above 1k

Mine was fitted at TJM Hunter NSW. I rang around for prices. The local ARB supplier quoted me over $2000 for a similar bar, so I traveled and took the MRS shopping :idea:

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back