tough dog 40mm lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmce

Reaction score
Had a Tough Dog suspenion lift today.
It's sold as a 40mm lift but i only got 25mm on the front. Can others let me know if this is normal or should i go back and complain?
I have factory steel bull bar, so i got the heavy duty springs up front (winch not fitted yet but will get as soon as I have the money).
I measused from cetre of hub to the bottom of wheel arch.
I'm happy no matter what has happened as i no no longer have standard suspension!!
Thanks

I recently had tough dog 40mm lift fitted and thats exacly what i got on all 4 corners. i also had the heavy duty springs fitted for the bar and winch which will be fitted tomorrow so i will measure up again and see.
i measured earlier today and front measured from the bottom of rim to guard is p.s 775mm and d.s 765mm and rear p.s 795mm and drivers 795mm

id be pissed off if i payed 1700 bucks and only got 1'' ...
but that's me lol

im getting my lift in the next couple of weeks i hope i get more than 1''.. i want 33's on mine
i still don't no if i will get them under with a 2'' lift id love to do the body blocks but insurance
and stuff is stopping me right now..

but that's me lol

im getting my lift in the next couple of weeks i hope i get more than 1''.. i want 33's on mine
i still don't no if i will get them under with a 2'' lift id love to do the body blocks but insurance

Insurance wont be any good with 33's either..

but that's me lol

$1700 i wish. Cost me $2200.
I believe lovell front springs give more lift but i didn't know untill after.

I got roughly same amount of lift in mine.
Think I got 30mm in the front and 65mm in the rear. Rear was using OME 450KG leaf packs though. Struts were Tough Dog adjustables all round with HD coils in the front.

i'm getting a new tough dog kit fitted this friday after having major dramas with a efs kit that was fitted and the replaced back to stock.

the guys at carrolls melbourne have no idea on what parts go where

i'll keep you all posted on the kit

Ok just got me toughdogs installed 30mm front (HD coils) 72mm rear (0-300kg comfort leafs). Front lift disappointing but expected with ifs

I got a 50mm tough dog lift installed and MT MTZ 265/70/17's on my 2012 D40 ST.

Measured a stock Navara in the showroom lastnight and it was 870mm front and 900mm rear to the wheel arch. Just measured mine, 915mm front and 980mm rear, so I got 45mm in the fornt and 80 mm in the rear (including tyres).

Pretty happy it does seem much higher when you get in and out of it as compared to the stock D40

Last edited:
Just a quick update.
Had a call from my 4x4 shop and they are going to change my front springs as he was told they might have been packaged wrong and they gave him the light duty springs.
Hope this gets a bit more lift!

I have done 4000kms with the bar and winch fitted and the front has dropped a bit so i have only gained 25mm in the front now

Latest posts

Back