tough dog 40mm lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 50mm tough dog lift installed and MT MTZ 265/70/17's on my 2012 D40 ST.

Measured a stock Navara in the showroom lastnight and it was 870mm front and 900mm rear to the wheel arch. Just measured mine, 915mm front and 980mm rear, so I got 45mm in the fornt and 80 mm in the rear (including tyres).

Pretty happy it does seem much higher when you get in and out of it as compared to the stock D40

have you got a pic of your car as it currently sits?
i pick up my new d40 in a couple weeks, i've gone with an ome 2 inch lift and BFG AT in a 265/70/17
keen to see how high it looks, few guys in town have gone for the calmini 5 inch for theirs and run 33s but the offroading i do doesn't justify that extent, i'll just keep my gq if i decide to do harder stuff.

Took my car back today and turns out they have the wrong springs in the front so they will be happy to change them over.

Update.
Had the new front springs installed and got the lift that i was suposed to get at the start (45mm). Got to be happy with that knowing what others have had.
For those of you who want to know why, there are 3 different H/D front springs for the D40.
Steel bullbar on its own.
Steel bullbar with winch.
Steel bullbar with winch and 2nd battery. I know you can't fit the 2nd battery under the bonnet but who cares if thats how they sell them.
So, For those of you who ask for H/D front springs, make sure you ask for the heaviest of H/D and you should get more lift.
The HH/D springs should stiffen the front if you only have the steel bullbar (as i have ) but I haven't noticed any difference. I am planning a winch in the future so i expect it will come down a few mm.

With all that said, this is only what i have experienced and what i was told.

thats right... you can get HD, XHD, XXHD, the manual says to only use XXHD if the desired hight is not reached with XHD but the guys installing mine said that with steel bar, winch and bast plates the XXHD was the go... That said i have noticed i only have 35mm down travel. (65mm required by law) down travel is controled by the length of the strut and it has an inbuilt bump stop. I am looking for longer struts now... Do you know if the struts are longer on the new model as mine are a few years old now and the picture on there web site looks longer.... Any measurements appreciated... just the body of the front strut/shock bottom of eye to where the crome rod pokes out would be fine.. Thanks..

Latest posts

Back