replacing rear uni joint bearing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
hey fellas,
has anybody had to replace the bearings on the rear uni joint? there the one's that the crucifix sit in.

just wondering if there are some that are better than others?

also, after removing the tail shaft i noticed that there's a little oil that comes out of the seal on the back of the transfer case. just wondering if this is normal??? i thought it would have had to be a sealed unit so no water could get in to the transfer case.

any help or info would be great.

this is the seal that the oil comes out of.

Attachments

• IMG_0735[1].jpg
    IMG_0735[1].jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 106
Mine leaked a little when I removed mine too.

Thought it was normal to loose a little bit. Never leaks on the drive so must be fine.

As for bearings replace the hole universal with a greaseable one and you'll be sweet.

cheers. definitely goin the greaseable option.seems stupid to have something in that position sealed. the Nav's only just ticked over 80 000km.
$73 from Repco
$220 from Nissan

surely genuine aren't $147 better.

Did your make a loud noise like it was dry etc?? My rear end sounds loud so i was going to replace the rear uni with a greaseable one

My rear uni also got chewed out at 60,000k's.

Snake racing sell a tailshaft spacer as this is a known problem on lifted D40's angles mean tailshaft a little short and chew out the UNI.

Just got my spacer today in the post. Will have it fitted as my uni stuffed up last time in Orange away from home. Dont want it to re-occur.

Latest posts

Back