Hand brake dash light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to adjust the handbrake slightly as i have to keep pushing it down every couple of minutes to turn the dash light off,
I asked the mechanic to do it but whatever he done worked until i hit the first bump, now there is a bit of loose play in the lever before it starts clicking. Other than that the handbrake seems to be working fine.
Ute is a 2011 RX kC

Cheers

Last edited:
Got warranty but couldn't be bothered stuffing around with nissan if i take it in then they want it for the day then i have no car for work they dont open till 8 i leave for work at 5.
If someone can let me know how i dont mind fixing it.

I have the same car with the same issue.
My started while 4wding and it comes on on steep hills and when I take off fast fast at the lights.
My car goes in for service tomorrow and I'll have Nissan to look at it. IF they are so kind to let me know I'll pass the info on the forum.
They also fixed the "phantom squeak" after many goes but they didn't want to tell me what they did... what would you expect after you give someone $37K worth of business?
Not impressed with Nissan customer service!

The handbrake adjustment and switch are both inside the center console under the drink holders. The drink holders cover should just have 4 clips , 2 per side, that you can just pop up.Well thats how it is on an 07 ST-X

Last edited:
I picked her up this arvo from Nissan and the fault is gone.
When I asked they explained as "the brake oil in the reservoir was a bit low, and when you were taking off at the lights or on steep hills it would have trig the switch..". Not quite sure if that's your case but it would be worth it to check it. Not even sure what the oil in the reservoir has to do with the PARKING BRAKE but that's what they said at Nissan.
Perhaps someone else could confirm and explain it better.
cheers

FIXED...
For anyone else just pop the leather cover of the handbrake, rear first is how i done mine then tighten the little nut beside the hand brake a couple of turns.

Nissan Bastards, i've got charged for fluids top up!
Is there any professional tradesman that we can thrust now days???????

Geez, thanks for that. I'll have to have a look for the little nut. Mine has been shitting me since the day I got it. (second hand) Thought the handle might just be getting stuck on the leather boot. I'm forever pushing it down....!
I'll check the resivior too. Pretty sure all my levels are good tho.
Cheers, James.

Geez, thanks for that. I'll have to have a look for the little nut. Mine has been shitting me since the day I got it. (second hand) Thought the handle might just be getting stuck on the leather boot. I'm forever pushing it down....!
I'll check the resivior too. Pretty sure all my levels are good tho.
Cheers, James.
I thought the same thing,it will only take u about 2minutes

Latest posts

Back