Supermarkets, who do you use.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shop.

• Woolworths.

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Coles.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • IGA.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • ALDI.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Other. Dont click this box, suggest where you shop and ill add it.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
D

Dave

Seen this on the Patrol foum the other day.

Go through your pantry and check where its all made.

Bet you alots imported.

Its a joke really, we have some of the best growers etc in the world and we import stuff from Thailand.

Any and all of them... due to budget concerns, we shop where the specials are and buy in bulk to increase the savings.

edit
When we had two fulltime incomes in the big smoke, we did our best to only buy Aussie food stuffs.
But over the last 5 years that has not been luxury we can afford any more.

Last edited:
Any and all of them... due to budget concerns, we shop where the specials are and buy in bulk to increase the savings.

the wife,s the same, The only good thing about coles and woolies being next door to each other is it,s easier to chase the good buys,

I look for Australian made stuff.

Being a single bloke though, I am happy to pay the extra dosh to keep Australian farmer's in a job they love.

Thats what people and big business need to understand, we have to spend as much of our money as possible on locally made or grown products to help keep ourselves and our kids in jobs

I stopped going to United Servo's as they were importing Coke from Singapore and Hong Kong.

I couldn't care less about some bloke over there's job.

Look after the Australian workers first.

Stopped in there the other day for a packet of smokes, there selling Australian made stuff now.

You can tell from the coke website listed on the bottle. Plus the imported stuff was 500ml, where as the Aus made are 450ml and 600ml and with .com.au on the end of there website.

There all owned by Indians these days.

I have no problems with Indians as they work hard and dont bludge.

I just hate how everything is being sold to China etc.

Stopped in there the other day for a packet of smokes, .

The government allows them to import and sell this stuff, drinks, food and clothing with claims of free trade, But you cant import cheap smokes can you, they would stop that in a heartbeat

They stopped the dutie free on ciggies.

There's to much tax in it.

Those big fires 7 or 8 years ago in vic, the cops were telling cfa people to not worry about the houses but to save the tobacco crops, not for the farmers sake, but so the gov didn,t miss out on tax

What I hate is the do gooders who bitch and moan about people shopping at Aldi because they are an overseas company and they don't use aussie made stuff.

Some dickhead the other day had a go at me for buying the Aldi tinned salmon because it was imported and that I should go to IGA and support companies like John West. I did happen to have a tin of JW salmon in the cupboard and figuring the chances of them using local salmon was low I did check it and sure enough it like the Aldi stuff comes from Thailand but the Aldi stuff is less than half the price.

Sure I don't have a problem buying Aussie stuff when it's available and I also like saving dollars I don't need to spend but for fucks sake the whingers need to get their complaints right before the dribble their shit about what people should and shouldn't buy. It's not like buying imported JW tins from Coles or Woolies keeps any more money in this country than the Aldi stuff when they both come from the same place.

Bang on there Krafty!

Don't like getting involved in this type of thread but something I feel strongly about.

Never been a fan of big multinationals moving in but if it's going to give the Duopoly of Coles and Woolies a shake up bring it on. One of the biggest obsticals for them to get around is the council planing rules which can restrict the number and location of supermarkets.

I have seen towns of 10 or 15 thousand with Aldi supermarkets and here with a population of over 150,000 and it's strictly Coles and Woolies gouging the crap out of us.

On another note. Walked into the local United tonight for a drink, there selling Aussie made coke again.

Went shopping yesterday, all Aussie made stuff.

Well, most of our shopping is at one of two local fruit and vege shops, then a butcher shop.

Then we hit the supermarkets IGA, Woollies and rarely Coles.
Do a few one offs at out local 5star supermarket.

We prefer Australian grown, but the only produce we do not buy is Chinese. No sense in playing Russian roulette with their additives.

With the number of chinese people in this world I'd suggest it's not their additives you need to worry about.

Latest posts

Back