Really need advice with my tyres. Someone has !@#$ed with my car again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BP90

Reaction score
Ok so very similiar story to the last one i posted about some waste of space c*@t that broke something on my nav. Was at a mates place tonight having a few drinks (at the exact same place where the uhf aerial was ripped off the bullbar) i even checked it after an hour or so of getting to my mates place to make sure nothing was wrong (admittedly i didnt check the tyres) and then we dropped our mates off at the local night club and one of them told us when they got out after they seen it.

Now they have managed to stab/pierce/force/hammer a piece of (roughly 8mm) stainless round bar into one of side lugs on my federal mt's. which has been purposefully made and sharpened on one end.

Does anyone know if anything like this could be fixed or if im going to be up for a new lot of tyres? (so they are all the same level of tread?

Heres a few crap quality pics (taken at night time with flash and was hard to see without flash). I will get some better pics in the morning.

So yeah any sensible advice or help on this would be greatly appreciated. And to think i was meant to be trying to fix my uhf aerial tomorrow...

Bart

bc9787d5.jpg

00ea7a3f.jpg

fba8a3ab.jpg

Its in there pretty tight, it will have to be tapped out with a hammer. Ive checked what the tyre pressure is currently, and i will check it again in the morning and see if it has gone down any.

BP90 said:
Its in there pretty tight, it will have to be tapped out with a hammer. Ive checked what the tyre pressure is currently, and i will check it again in the morning and see if it has gone down any.

Looks like it'll be okay mate. Give it a shot and see how you go

Nah it wasnt any of my mates that did it. Even the uhf aerial i dont think was anyone i know. Just someone with nothing better to do then to fuckup other peoples stuff.

So it should be right to just take out? And having that whole wont affect the tyre or anythin?

Bart

Fark bart!! what street is this so i don't park in it.!!??? looks love it should pull out ok and its only in the side lug. if your not sure leave it and take ot to continental tyres in tinana they are the dealer for these tyres and get them to have a look

bryan

Mate just avoid that suburb. Obviously some farktard loves waiting for your rig to come along there.

just pull it out, lucky they decided not to puncture or slash the tyres. looks like maybe you're being targeted?

If you dont want to pull it...grab a hacksaw and cut it off at both ends ...leave the remainder in the rubber.

Thats the thing i try not to piss off people. And honestly cant think of anyone that i could have pissed off that much. So i duno whats going on.

I managed to get it out of the tyre and the tyres still holding pressure. It honestly looks like a stainless tent peg that someone had originally sharpened the end of and then its just grounded rough on that end from rubbing on the road from the drive to drop our mates off and then goin home.

Bart

From the look angles it would have needed to enter at I reckon you've driven over it and that it might just be bad luck and not sabotage.

Shit unlucky dude.. it could be possible that its just an accident and you run over it, but arial getting flogged and this in the same street seems a little suspect.. good to hear your tyres still holding pressure and not completetly rooted. just keep an eye on it, that lug will be prone to ripping or getting torn off now.

Yeah krafty i duno whats gone on, it would have needed some force to go through cause it was in there pretty tight. It could have happened on the way home from gympie yesterday. Just yeah seemed a bit of a coincedence that we noticed it after being at the same place that my aerial got broken.

Oh well, just keep an eye on it today and im going to take it over to continental tyres (local federal dealer) tomorrow morning and get them to have a look at the tyre and see whether it needs replacing or if it can be fixed somehow.

Bart

I'd go back to your mates and park the car then hide in the garden and see if any one comes along. Seems a bit odd to me that you could drive over that and not notice it.

Latest posts

Back