D40 headlights on feature

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-FKN-B

Reaction score
Hi all, my navara has auto headlights wen ever ignition is on i want to remove this as i want to install my hid kit but do not know how have any of use ever disconnected this? Cheers

Hi
Welcome to the Forum
I think that someone might have wired in auto on headlights.
Some D40 come with Auto Headlights but thats on via a sensor and you can turn that off from the rotary switch on the indicator stalk.
Is it an ex Telstra vehicle by any chance ?
What Year Model etc is it

Yeh its an ex mine vehicle 2008 stx 2.5 ltr... Cant seem to find where they wired it to

Ok there will be an extra relay bolted in under the bonnet that looks out of place.
It will be taking a feed from the ignition and powering the relay to put power on the load side of the factory relays.There should be no exposed relays , they will all be under the factory covers .Headlight relays from memory are on the drivers side of the engine bay in front of the brake booster.

If you have a small sensor in the lower corner of the drivers side interior trimming this is how to turn it off.

Start with the key off wait 30secs, rotate on then off 5 times, with the last turn landing on the off position all within 20sec. After you've completed that wait 30sec and a series of beeps will come notifying that's its been disconnected. to turn back on repeat.

Latest posts

Back