headlights interfering with the radio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisnav

Reaction score
Hi guys, I upgraded my headlights with halogen ones approximately a year ago and they interfere with my radio. I was told to purchase a resistor type pack to elevate this, however it has not made any difference. any ideas how I could fix this issue? I have a 2011 D22.

Halogen shouldn't interfere (and definitely doesn't need a resistor pack!). Did you mean LED or HID?

Both LED and HID use additional circuits to drive the light. The LED driver circuit can interfere with radio signals but often respond to shielding (metal). HIDs use a circuit similar to fluorescent tubes to raise the voltage and this can also interfere with radio. It can be particularly bad if there's a dirty earth point around (battery terminals, radio casing and radio antenna). If the HID ballast is in a separate case you could try shielding this and see if it improves things.

Sorry Old.Tony I meant to say LED yes. I'll have a squizz at my earth points in that area and get back to you. cheers mate.

Latest posts

Back