Help - Cruise Control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUICED

Reaction score
In the dealership I have had an aftermarket cruise fitted to my ute.
It has the magnet zip-tied to the tailshaft with a pickup mounted to the body.
Not long after i took deilvery of the ute it stopped working. I have finaly gone in to have it fixed and they said the magnet had been knocked off the tailshaft. No big deal and replaced it.
Now whenever i take off i can here the magnet hit the pickup unit. Must be how it came off in the first place.
I put a bar in the rear gearbox mount and it seemed knackered.
i took it back to nissan and they put a rear mount in. no dramas
It still does it.

i put it on a hoist, put the handbrake on and had someone slowly let their foot off the clutch.
I can see ALL the mounts seem to give a fair bit and the whole engine and gearbox move allowing the the magnet to hit the pickup.
when sitting still, there is about 15mm gap between them.
it seems like they have alot of give in them, these mounts.

So my questions
1: has anybody fitted one of these types of cruise and can tell me where on the tailshaft they put the magnet?
2: should it all have that much movement? All mounts are ok, just all flex alot.
3: I have spoken to our local auto elec who said this type of cruise pickup is as old as the hills. He says if i can find out where the dash gets its speed signal from, he can plum straight into it and do away with the magnet.
Does anyone know where that is?

You need to have the sensor bracket attached off the transfer case, All the aftermarket ones seem to just get tex screwed off the floor, resulting in problems like your having.
I think you will find the amount of torque flex is normal.

Latest posts

Back