Navara D40 Cruise Control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreasZ

Reaction score
Hello guys, hope you are all well.

I have a problem with the cruise control of my Nissan Navara D40 2007.
I tryied some things but still not working.

1. I changed the steering wheel spiral.
2. I changed the buttons on the steering wheel.
3. I changed the Neutral switch on the gearbox.
4. I changed the cruise control switch on the brake pedal.

I also trying to hold to the right or left the gear shift lever, nothing happening.
**NOTE: the cruise indicador is getting green when I am pressing the button ON/OFF of cruise control but the cruise control dont setting.

Any suggestions please?

Check both your brake globes.
They are reasonably cheap to replace - free to check and uninstall/reinstall x 3
Weirder things have happened, but they may be either busted or have a bit of crud inside the holder. Might pay to check your trailer plug if you have one too

Check both your brake globes.
They are reasonably cheap to replace - free to check and uninstall/reinstall x 3
Weirder things have happened, but they may be either busted or have a bit of crud inside the holder. Might pay to check your trailer plug if you have one too
Brake and clutch sensors are replaced.
What do you mean trailer plug? Whats this?

Brake and clutch sensors are replaced.
What do you mean trailer plug? Whats this?
Tail light globes? Rear end bulbs
Red flashy things at the back

Do you have a towbar? The connection to plug into that controls the Trailer lights

Tail light globes? Rear end bulbs
Red flashy things at the back

Do you have a towbar? The connection to plug into that controls the Trailer lights
Yes i have a towbar.
Everything are working perfect, all the bulbs, flashes etc.
I also made a scan from diagnosis today, no faults, ckecked also the sensors if they are working ON and OFF, all working. One thing i saw and I think its weird its..
There are two switches on brake pedal, one for stop lights and one for cruise control, the one is ON and the other one is OFF when i push the brake pedal the ON go OFF and the OFF go ON. Is that normal?

Most cases I have seen with the trailer plug is that they are a wiring extension that is plug and play ( unclip wiring connection, plug in extension then plug old connector into the back of that)
It would pay to eliminate this from the equation.

With the globes ( and why I said, weirder things have happened) I've seen them still illuminate but bridging with another circuit and not doing the correct things. Or shining just enough that the seem to be okay.
If you can replace them, it will eliminate that.

Not sure the car has enough smarts to tell you of wiring faults or basic damaged sensors.

Wheel speed sensors come to mind but generally if they are playing up you get other symptoms. Two on the front strut tower - grey clip with two thin wires out either side and two on the inside of the rear chassis rail, inline with the rear wheels and axle.
Check for either broken wires or unplug and clean these and reattach

My thinking with two switches on brake pedal - when you press the brake- brake lights go ON and if cruise was set, cruise would go OFF
seems normal but not 100%

Most cases I have seen with the trailer plug is that they are a wiring extension that is plug and play ( unclip wiring connection, plug in extension then plug old connector into the back of that)
It would pay to eliminate this from the equation.

With the globes ( and why I said, weirder things have happened) I've seen them still illuminate but bridging with another circuit and not doing the correct things. Or shining just enough that the seem to be okay.
If you can replace them, it will eliminate that.

Not sure the car has enough smarts to tell you of wiring faults or basic damaged sensors.

Wheel speed sensors come to mind but generally if they are playing up you get other symptoms. Two on the front strut tower - grey clip with two thin wires out either side and two on the inside of the rear chassis rail, inline with the rear wheels and axle.
Check for either broken wires or unplug and clean these and reattach

My thinking with two switches on brake pedal - when you press the brake- brake lights go ON and if cruise was set, cruise would go OFF
seems normal but not 100%
I will check all these you told me, and thank you for your info.
What I am thinking now, Is it possible to check if the set button working?Do you know if is there a way to check it??

Latest posts

Back